TUTORS: MATH UPPER, Biology, CHEMISTRY, Physics (In Person; Part-Time)
- Posted: 9 days ago
- $25 to $50 Hourly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Do you want to make an impact on student's lives, earn outstanding pay, and have fun at the same time?
We are looking for a few of the best teachers and tutors out there to help our students reach their goals. The ideal teacher is knowledgeable, experienced, and professional makes learning fun and engaging, and is able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
We are looking for top-notch academic teachers and tutors to support students for the 2022-2023 school year in areas including High Math, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics.
Teaching occurs at our beautiful facility in Pacific Palisades, in our student's homes around Los Angeles, and occasionally online.
- Seeking subject matter experts with experience teaching higher math (such as Algebra II, Trigonometry, and Statistics and/or standardized test preparation--SAT/ACT/SSAT/ISEE or AP exams
- Design and implement engaging and fun lesson plans at various academic levels
- Experience with learning challenges is a plus
- Establish academic goals and milestones with students
- Document and communicate progress reports
Please only apply if you are interested in teaching throughout the entire 2022-2023 academic year.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree
- Teaching Credential is a plus
- Minimum of two years of teaching/tutoring experience
- A fun, upbeat personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Impeccable time management & organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel
- Easy access to and proficiency with the internet, email, and electronic communications
- Excellent references
- Must pass a background check
Why work at Groza?
- Competitive rates for teachers plus Performance Bonuses
- Paid lesson prep time
- Flexible and autonomous scheduling
- Groza teachers are employees and not independent contractors
- Groza handles everything except tutoring/teaching - client acquisition, consultations, billing, curriculum, practice tests, payroll, and technology
- Comprehensive paid training and ongoing support and professional development
- Infrastructure - We consult with families, offer you, students, handle billing, manage payroll, and send materials
- We value teachers' contributions and their time! Manage all of your programs, lessons, and notes on our teacher portal
- Send a COVER LETTER describing how you're a strong fit for our organization, with a RESUME outlining your relevant experience and education.
- We are a small company with very high standards. This is reflected in our pay scale and expectations.
- Please only apply if you are a serious candidate with high standards for professional excellence.
- Please ensure that you meet our requirements (above)
- We cannot sponsor work visas and will not be offering remote work at this time
We look forward to hearing from you.
Meanwhile, check out our website: www.GrozaLearningCenter.com
Groza Learning Center
881 Alma Real Drive #115Los Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?