Groz-Beckert Simpsonville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures. This includes maintenance on all production equipment, HVAC, and plumbing systems. Some light electrical and hydraulic work is also included in the position. Position requires set up and operation of machine tools and the fit and assembly of parts to make repairs, dies, tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges. Reports to Head of Maintenance, department manager.
40 Hours per week: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Full COVID vaccination required prior to start date.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years of working in maintenance and in a production environment or tooling (Tool & Die)
- Knowledge and skill in the use of tooling equipment such as lathes, grinders, drills, milling machines, and saws
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
This position works in an indoor manufacturing setting consisting of multiple types of equipment and processes.
- Conduct maintenance on machinery that is broken or in need of repair.
- Conduct maintenance on equipment used in plant operations such as HVAC, plumbing, compressed, air, and natural gas systems.
- Keep all machinery operational using preventative maintenance tools.
- Inspect systems to ensure they meet all specifications (operational and safety.)
- Troubleshoot systems and correct any issues.
- Maintain a parts inventory for repair of equipment and systems
- Repair tooling used in the stamping process (sharpen, set clearance, align die sets.)
- Keep work area organized and clean.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Any other function deemed necessary by management.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Hand/eye coordination.
- Mechanical capacity - use hand tools to set up and adjust machinery.
- Must be able to read/study blueprints, sketches, or models in order to plan the sequence of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Must obtain the knowledge of the different types of tooling and all terminology associated with that process.
- Must have precise attention to detail.
- Must be able to read measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, scales, and gauge blocks to verify dimension.
- Must be able to set up and operate equipment to include grinders, drill press, milling machine, saws, and lathes.
- Must be able to file, grind, and shim parts to assure proper fit.
- Must be able to maintain an inventory of products used.
- Communication proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Regularly lift and move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities or duties for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
2902 Grandview DrSimpsonville, SC
Real EstateView all jobs at Groz-Beckert