Project Accountant / Senior Accountant
Join a team making an impact to protect and preserve California ranches, rangeland and critical habitat. Bring your strong project management, accounting, budget and analysis skills to your next long-term home (The average length of tenure is 7 years!). Join as our Project Accountant / Senior Accountant.
This is your career path into Finance Director!
Project Accountant / Senior Accountant – Your Job Duties:
You will work directly with the Finance Director and Conservation Director to support the accounting and project tracking of land conservation projects, including:
- Tracking project costs in the development phase (before closing of escrow) including tracking project costs using a cloud-based software, project by project, applying invoices to the correct project with attention to detail and accuracy
- Tracking project costs post-closing of escrow (the “stewardship” phase)
- Pull expense data from the software monthly, to calculate and cost to invoice
- Generate invoices and accumulate costs for projects, generate and analyze monthly expense reports
- Work with Conservation Director to create a budget for each project, estimating all expenses on the project (using Excel and complex Excel formulas)
- Calculate the quarterly draws from the endowment funds, working with the third-party investment advisor and applying the earnings to each project
- Perform account analysis and financial analysis on closed projects
- Create financial reports for stakeholders / public agencies, track and manage reporting deadlines/ requirements
- Work closely with external companies on annual audits, providing information and requested documents
You will account for up to 80 projects at any given time, with up to 25 active projects on a rolling basis (lots of moving parts to track and account for!)
Project Accountant / Senior Accountant – Required Skills, Experience & Personality Fit
- Very strong MS Excel skills - pivot tables, large multi-tab spreadsheets and complex Excel formulas
- Ability to work in office in Natomas (can move to hybrid after training period)
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related
Project Accountant / Senior Accountant – You Might Have (Desired, Not Required)
- Prior experience using QuickBooks (desktop or on the cloud)
- Prior experience with applying costs to projects (project accounting)
- Experience in ranching, agriculture or land conservation, or real estate
- Desire to grow up the ladder – this role provides you the opportunity to move into Director role
You will be provided with medical, dental and vision benefit options or a generous stipend, paid time off, sick time, life insurance and a 401k plan with employer contribution, regardless if you contribute to the plan. This role is physically located in office to start with option to consider hybrid work after onboarding period. You will be provided with parking at no cost to you.
GrowthWise Search PartnersSacramento, CA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.