District Director - California Department of Parks & Recreation -Oceano Dunes District
- $120,000 to $168,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
Make your mark and expand your impact overseeing the operations and activities of a State Park District with the California Department of Parks & Recreation.
This is your opportunity to enter into the public sector or expand your career with California into an incredible role.
Superintendent – Your Job Duties:
You will be responsible for directing all of the activities of your Park District including:
- Natural and cultural resource management and protection, visitor services, interpretation, aquatic programs, facilities maintenance, capital outlay engineering, landscaping, property management, historic properties preservation, construction, restoration, groundskeeping, concessions, equipment, and administration (campsites, picnic sites, parking facilities, parks and recreation areas)
- Oversight and management of the District's financial operations including budget preparation and review, revenue collection
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators including annual visitor attendance, operating expenses, and culture resource values
- Leadership of the District employees including employee development and performance evaluation, employee mentorship and guidance, labor relations and employee discipline.
- Oversee the public safety and law enforcement activity including visitor management, law enforcement management, hazardous materials management, critical incident command and aquatic safety
- Identify, develop and implement relevant programming and services to engage and provide access for underserved populations and non-traditional park visitors
- Work with cooperative associations and volunteer groups, community and allied public sector groups
- Analyze situations, solve problems, and take effective action
- Evaluate processes to identify improvements, monitor the effectiveness of processes, implement change to create efficiencies
- Represent your District with the media, as well as within city, state and local government, establishing and maintaining effective relations with community organizations, special interest groups, local State and Federal agencies, legislators, legislative staff, and the media
You will work from your District headquarters office and can anticipate travel throughout your District to State parks, reserves, historical units, recreation areas, beaches, campgrounds and boat launches, as needed for site visits.
Superintendent – Your Experience, Expertise:
- Leadership and management experience overseeing and directing teams
- A background and/or education in natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, land use, outdoor or open spaces, parks or recreation, public administration or business
- A passion for serving the public and for the mission of preserving public spaces
- Valid California Driver's License / ability to drive a State vehicle
- Broad experience in the management or administration of a park, public space, recreational area, historical area, or a resource or recreation management organization, city or local government unit
Benefits for You:
- Compensation DOE $120,000 - $168,000 annually.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with generous contribution towards premium (Kaiser, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, United Healthcare and Western Health Advantage options)
- Automatic retirement participation with 32% state contribution towards your retirement in Calpers
- Paid holidays and generous vacation and time off package
- Optional participation in the Supervisors union (at your discretion)
The next step is to take and qualify with the applicable State examination.
Indicate you are interested and we will send that your way!
GrowthWise Search PartnersPismo Beach, CA
EducationView All GrowthWise Search Partners Jobs
Get fresh District Director - California Department of Parks & Recreation -Oceano Dunes District jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.