We are a successful MSP seeking a level three technician to work directly with a motivated team to develop, manage and maintain the IT networks of many businesses throughout our local area.
An ideal candidate will be able to manage client networks, troubleshoot and resolve issues and complete projects, such as network design and installation, every day. This candidate can begin immediately and lives at an accessible distance from our office location in South Jersey. Does this sound like you?
We are focused on serving small to medium size businesses in our local area. We believe in a foundation based upon character and integrity, in passionate commitment to our clients, dedication to continuous personal and professional growth, devotion to the family and community, and to doing our work with a spirit of fun and sense of humor.
We need "people people" who can relate to clients and build relationships. Come help us grow!
- Diagnose, research and troubleshoot computer system issues, including operating systems, H/W and S/W, networking, VPN, connectivity, server, and other network devices/peripherals, both remotely and onsite.
- Install, configure, and support desktops, laptops, virtual machines, firewalls, switches, mobile phones, VOIP products, servers, backup systems, and miscellaneous devices.
- Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holidays and weekends on a rotating basis as required.
- Respond promptly and professionally to alerts and end-user IT issues
- Monitor and update Service Desk incident tracking tickets for purposes of demonstrating compliance with issue response and resolution, Service Level Agreements, logging daily activities and documenting solutions.
- Function as primary point of contact and communication with customer from assignment of ticket to successful resolution of issue, including scheduling work and keeping customer aware of work status and solution progress.
- Responsible for meeting Client Service SLA goals.
- Mentor other technicians and provide correction where necessary
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related technical field
· 7+ years of IT related technical experience
· MSCE/MCP/MCTS certification is a plus but not required
· A+, Network+, Security+ certification preferred but not required if work experience is comparable
· An advanced level of understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support
· Expert knowledge of implementing and configuring business class networks
· Expert knowledge of Office 365 administration and migration
· Expert at 3rd party hardware and software troubleshooting
· Expert knowledge of networking (i.e.) TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, VPN, OSI model
· VPN infrastructure design and administration (PTP, client based, Encrypted, IPsec)
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10 Operating Systems
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Office 365
· Expert with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019;
· Advanced knowledge of Remote Management Systems/Software/Agents
· Advanced knowledge of virtualization technologies from host to virtualized machine management and administration (Hyper-V; VMWare; Citrix Xen)
· Extensive experience with onsite/offsite backup configurations as well as data restorations; Experience with SAN and NAS backup environments
· Expert knowledge of configuring Microsoft Outlook
· Expert at DNS; A, MX, CNAME record management and troubleshooting
· Expert knowledge of setting up and configuring wireless networks (RADIUS and AD management sign-on; Various WAP security protocols; Wireless management systems)
· Expert Knowledge of setting up and configuring printers in a network environment (Print Server management; LDAP integration; Remote access security and administration; user login scripting)
· Expert Knowledge of installing and configuring Enterprise level antivirus software
· Basic Knowledge of centralized mobile device management
· Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint
· Basic Knowledge of HTML, PHP, ASP
· Ability to work independently and efficiently manage time
· Ability to work with team members and provide leadership on projects and client onboarding
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to maintain professional communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and handle interruptions.
· Ability to communicate effectively and interact with diverse personalities.
· Self-motivated; dependable; passionate about technology
· Enthusiasm for working in a team environment and a desire to help our customers grow their businesses by serving their IT needs