- Posted: over a month ago
- $115,000 Yearly
Growers Ice Company is hiring a Chief Engineer to manage our ammonia refrigeration system.
The Chief Engineer will manage crew scheduling, oversee all operations, will plan and conduct preventive maintenance, establish a schedule for preventive maintenance, will arrange freight for the movement of equipment and secure necessary permits, oversee the R.M.P. Program, develop a personal training program for the refrigeration staff, conduct preventive maintenance, help with improved cost efficiencies and have input on employee evaluations.
This position requires travel as the seasonal demands dictate. The responsibilities of a Chief Engineer are to direct the crew when the Director of Engineering or the Super Chief Engineer are not available. The Chief Engineer will often be called upon to travel and could often be totally on his own. While traveling he would also be the lead man on site, directing the work force would be a portion of his responsibilities as well as preforming refrigeration work. This position’s main function is to do higher level or major maintenance to equipment. Refrigeration set-up and tear down is also a major portion of the Chief Engineers responsibilities. Such equipment might include, but not be limited to condensers, ice generators, ice machines, ice plates and condenser coils. This individual will work on projects and be task driven. A Chief Engineer will need to be able to work alone, analyze a problem, determine the best course of action, secure materials needed to remedy the problem, direct a crew and complete the repair or installation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Travel out of town, state or the country will be required of a Chief Engineer.
- A Chief Engineer will maintain equipment and complete tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering, Super Chief or the General Manager.
- He will keep the Director of Engineering informed of any potential problems that he might foresee regarding equipment, labor or an installation site. Using his best judgement he will try to anticipate problems and trouble shoot situations before they happen.
- Complete projects and tasks as assigned, using his best judgement as to the appropriate course of action.
- Secure need materials and supplies.
- Direct the refrigeration crew in the absence of the Director of Engineering or the Super Chief Engineer.
- Follow all necessary safety steps, including but not limited to Lock-out Tag-out procedures.
Growers Ice Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?