CHURCH OFFICE MANAGER – PART TIME 15-20 hours per week
Grove Church, a historical United Methodist congregation located in West Chester, PA is seeking a part time Church Office Administrator, to fill an upcoming vacancy. The position of Office Manager is multi-faceted. The individual serves as the initial contact for communication with the general public and the church members; oversees the running of the church office including scheduling, maintaining church supplies and management of several budget lines; supervises volunteer teams in the office; oversees mailings and record-keeping; provides secretarial support to the Lead Pastor and, as time allows, to other members of the staff and church groups. Portions of the work can be done remotely.
Qualified Candidates will demonstrate:
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and the ability to express prayer support to those in need.
2. At least five years of office experience, with office management experience desired.
3. Capable of handling highly confidential material in a discrete and trustworthy manner.
4. Skilled in the use of word processing, data base management and desk top publishing software with strong trouble shooting and office equipment operation skills.
5. A self-starter, capable of taking initiative, organizing tasks, and working with and without supervision.
6. Able to supervise office volunteers and others.
7. Team player, capable of working with staff members and with laity.
8. Able to organize and keep accurate files and records.
9. Excellent grammatical and spelling skills, with ability to edit others’ work.
10. Hospitable and welcoming, with good telephone manner and ability to make visitors feel welcome.
Interested candidates can submit a resume together with a cover letter to Grovechurch.org or by mail to Grove UMC, 490 Boot Road, West Chester, PA 19380
Why Work Here?
Caring committed environment to put your faith in action in support of a 200+ year old church
West Chester, PA