Accounts Payable Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are: Groups360 builds hospitality products that are transforming the world of group travel. Our flagship product, GroupSync, is the first-ever distribution channel to offer instant online booking for both group hotel rooms and meeting space. With over 200,000 properties across the globe already in the GroupSync marketplace with over 7,000 equipped for Instant Booking, GroupSync empowers travel planners and hoteliers to book groups while significantly reducing the time and effort it takes to do so. We at Groups360 are committed to bringing innovation, transparency, and simplicity to the decades-old industry problem of booking hotels for groups.
Our Partners: In 2019, Accor, Hilton Hotels, IHG and Marriott International invested US$50 million to speed up the development and rollout of GroupSync. Today, the largest hotel brands in the world use GroupSync to better serve thousands of meeting and event organizers who book guest rooms and meetings spaces for group travelers.
Life at Groups360: Groups360 is an innovative, high-growth company with offices in Nashville, London and Singapore. Groups360 is an equal opportunity employer, and our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is reflected in the foundation of all we do. We offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential, and in demand benefits that include Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP, a library of online skill-building courses and online discounts on various products and services such as identity theft protection, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more.
Who we’re looking for: The demand for Groups360 products and services is at an all-time high. So, we are looking for ambitious, self-starters who want to impact the $1 trillion meetings and events industry. Successful team members have been those with the desire to be a part of a high-growth team and organization that finds and solves problems individually and as part of a team. If you’re looking to be a part of a fast-paced, highly motivating and rewarding environment at the intersection of hospitality and technology, then your next career starts here!
The role: The Accounts Payable Specialist is part of the Finance team and works closely with the Controller. This position completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. This role will also assist with the month-end close.
What you will do:
- Manage the full accounts payable process cycle.
- Review, enter and update vendor W-9 forms and set up required vendors to receive 1099 forms.
- Prepare annual 1099 report forms and filings.
- Code credit card charges and debit charges to proper general ledger accounts for Controller’s review and approval.
- Review records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
- Process weekly, semi-monthly and monthly check run and ACH//wire transfers.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Maintain and document all records and interactions of delinquent accounts, incomplete files, and credit risks.
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and Groups360 account payable files.
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation.
- Conduct occasional research projects for analysis.
- Partner with Corporate Controller to identify and implement accounts payable process improvements.
- Manage vendor relationships and build effective partnerships.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and company-established accounting policies and procedures.
- Act as back-up to Accounts Receivable Specialist with accounts receivable process including but not limited to, invoicing, collections, customer service and working with the client to resolve outstanding issues.
- Assists in monthly closings as needed.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Finance or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 + years’ experience in an accounts payable relatable position.
- Accounts receivable a plus.
- Sage Intacct experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Excel (i.e., pivot table, vlookups).
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills; ability to utilize communication skills to effectively influence across functions and business units as well as across different leadership levels.
- Possess integrity and can manage confidential information with the utmost care, security, and discretion.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven and execution-oriented personality, ready to take ownership and get results.
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Other qualifications as required.
Core Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt.
Location: Brentwood, TN – HYBRID (3 days in-office, 2 days remote).
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounts Payable Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.