Vacation Planner, Inbound Sales
- Posted: October 05, 2022
At Globus family of brands, guests, partners, and associates are valued members of our family. Together we are in pursuit of our mission and vision and guided by our core values.
Our Mission: We create happy guests.
Our Vision: GFOB is family. We are genuine, loyal, and trusted. We are passionate about making guests happy and partners successful. We are open and welcoming. We make hard things easier. We are guided by our values. We do what’s right. We care. It’s what families do.
- Passion- We are passionate about the Globus family of brands, our values, and making guests happy.
- Accountability- We can be counted on to do our best, follow through, learn from mistakes, and deliver results.
- Courage- We face challenges, surface issues, share our ideas, and do what’s right.
- Collaboration- We work together, support each other, and involve others in decision making.
- Integrity- We are straightforward, honest, and open with our guests, partners, and each other.
- Service- We are proactive, anticipate the needs of others, and are always ready to listen.
Customer Sales & Specialty Markets is responsible for creating happy guests with sales success and providing outstanding service and support. They increase passenger sales through the direct consumer and direct group sales channels. They develop and maintain emerging markets channels by integrating sales and marketing strategies to establish direct buyer relationships.
Vacation Planner, Inbound Sales create happy guests by answering inbound phone calls, initiating outbound follow-up calls and correspondence campaigns designed to generate and increase consumer direct sales and build relationships with prospective guests. The position converts Inbound sales calls into guests by identifying the customer’s travel needs through engaged, interactive conversation and probing questions. The Vacation Planner – Inbound needs to be motivated, organized and have strong follow-up skills in order to smoothly transition prospects into booked customers.
The Vacation Planner, Inbound Sales is responsible for the following results:
- Fulfills our promise to guests as Vacation Planners including: We are the Experts, Working with our family is Fun, We are More than just Vacations, We Make it Personal and We are always here for you.
- Responding to inbound phone calls to help guest’s book vacations with us, including defined follow-up touch points/requirements per phone call.
- Maintains a defined conversion % target per call/per month.
- Manages their lead pipeline through our CRM Software, setting proper follow-up and call back to keep guests engaged to make purchasing decisions.
- Generating and increasing sales by identifying new customer travel opportunities and by building relationships with consumers through outbound calling/follow-up, email communications and inbound call backs.
- Reaching and exceeding sales objectives monthly by converting inbound call prospects into sales.
- Educating customers on our products and promotions, and generating and increasing sales of Globus family of brands travel packages
- Implementing call/email campaigns to direct consumers based on customer profiles and opportunities.
- Answering primarily customer inquiries by phone and email by maintaining knowledge of ‘key differences’, promotional offers, marketing campaigns, product knowledge, and destination expertise
- Cultivating relationships with customers and influencing product loyalty and repeat business.
- Ensuring customers receive accurate, timely, and quality information about the products we supply, overcoming customer objections by researching, evaluating, resolving or escalating as needed
- Developing business relationships and fostering a spirit of cooperation with GVI departments as needed to serve the needs of customers
- Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed
- Handling special projects as assigned through detailed program knowledge and interpersonal skills
The preferred candidate will hold an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience in customer service, sales, or travel industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year or more experience in a sales capacity within a call center environment
- Strong and documented writing skills to support friendly and interactive email correspondence
- Thrives in a fast paced, sales focused environment.
- Good time management skills, adaptable and ability to manage call flow/control
- Ability to smoothly transition and convert warm customer interactions via the phone or email into booked sales
- Strong organizational and follow-up skill to mine and maximize every available sales opportunity
- Strong and creative communicator who can verbally simplify the travel planning process and then connect the customer’s needs seamlessly to their booked vacation
- Working with call center technologies and processes, including email, Web chat, interactive selling or related techniques
- Demonstrating the importance of service in retaining customer loyalty
- Building client/customer relationships for the long term
- Technical and functional skills using a variety of computer applications includes In-house Reservation System, Siebel (CRM), CT Suite (Call/Email Software) Intranet, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and may include airline GDS’.
- Ability to work in a call center environment that includes structure, shifts, performance measurements.
- Passion for travel and learning/working points of interest/geography around the world
- Leisure travel product knowledge, specifically GFOB products, and travel industry is plus!
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Service: We are proactive, anticipate the needs of others and are always ready to listen.
- Desires to help others and to meet their needs. This includes internal and external partners, offices, guests, and vendors
- Seeks win-win situations and presents options, especially in resolving conflicts
- Provides timely and helpful information to others
- Takes action on behalf of others to simplify their life/work/experience
- Responsive and attentive to the needs of others
- Passion: We are passionate about the Globus family of brands, our values, and making guests happy.
- Strives to retain goodwill even when modifying or denying requests
- Positive energy and enthusiastic when dealing with others
- Takes pride in doing the right things
- Treats guests, colleagues, and partners with respect
- Teamwork & Collaboration: We work together, support each other, and involve others in decision making.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, partners, guests, and vendors to improve business processes and outcomes.
- Treats others with respect
- Contributes to achievement of team and departmental goals
- Provides back up and support to others as needed
- Fosters collaboration among team members, departments, companies, partners, etc.
- Relates to others in an open and accepting manner
- Recognizes a wide range of communications styles and personality types and responds appropriately
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships
- Collaborates with internal partners
- Shares pertinent information to the benefit of others
- Results and Accountability: We can be counted on to do our best, follow through, learn from mistakes and deliver results.
- Works with the team and management to achieve individual, department, and corporate goals
- Meets critical deadlines within time frame outlined
- Demonstrates willingness, openness, persistence, and initiative to achieve desired results
- Probes to get to the heart of the problem and takes action to achieve results
- Focuses priorities and manages time effectively
- Takes ownership of work and assigned processes and projects
- Ethics and Integrity: We are straightforward, honest, and open with our guests, partners, and each other.
- Conducts business in a way that instills trust, confidence and respect
- Utilizes fair process without bias
- Acts with discretion and good judgment while maintaining confidentiality
- Exercises the highest standard of ethics in all decisions that impact guests, vendors, suppliers, and the organization
- Takes ownership of work and assigned processes/projects
- Agility, Adaptability, and Flexibility through Courage: We face challenges, surface issues, share our ideas, and do what is right.
- Demonstrates resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity
- Displays willingness and flexibility in handling multiple demands, changing priorities, and ongoing organizational needs
- Quickly and effectively evaluates and appropriately adjusts to a change in direction or situation
- Accepts change as a necessary and normal part of organizational growth
- Open to adopting new approaches and behaviors
- Handles day to day work challenges confidently
- Effective Communication
- Professionally conveys information and ideas both orally and in writing.
- Maintains positive and professional verbal and nonverbal communication with all
- Shares information appropriately and is receptive to feedback and expression of ideas
- Perceives the needs of various audiences and can adjust communications appropriately
- Listens and responds appropriately to others.
While performing this job, it will require: Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
Salary Range: $16.00 Hourly Onwards (plus monthly incentive on sales performance)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?