Group Nine is looking for a passionate, experienced, entrepreneurial Commerce Writer to add to our rapidly expanding team. Once hired, the successful applicant will be responsible for creating and managing content, including product reviews, gift guides, and trend pieces, that harnesses the expertise of the Group Nine brands in order to provide insight to our audience and value for our suite of affiliate partners.
Role And Responsibilities
The Commerce Writer will employ the powerful voices of the Group Nine brands to create content that highlights strategic affiliate partners, including gifting guides, product reviews, and side-by-sides. The Commerce Writer will be responsible for creating content that meets the style and quality standards of the Group Nine brands. The Commerce Writer will report into the EVP of Commerce and be responsible for tracking audience data and affiliate successes in order to optimize monetized content and drive meaningful revenue for the company. The Commerce Writer will work closely with Group Nine's Director of Product Development, delivering reports that document trends and supply actionable intelligence for the company's product development efforts. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of content and commerce, with the creative skills to create content that's engaging, actionable, and, above all, that fits within the editorial tone and quality of the parent brand.
The Commerce Writer will be responsible for analyzing both third-party and Group Nine proprietary data and insights in order to create content that satisfies audience and consumer interest. The Commerce Writer will also be responsible for analyzing traffic and purchases in order to optimize an important and growing revenue stream.
The Commerce Writer will be responsible for producing a high volume of content while managing internal relationships and supplying important deliverables. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for drafting, editing, and writing content for a variety of platforms as well as analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts in order to optimize the growth of the affiliate business and serve a variety of company initiatives.
- Working directly with an assigned brand in order to formulate the tone and style for full-length product reviews, buying guides, and comparisons
- Drafting, editing, and posting affiliate content on a variety of platforms
- Editing content for SEO, tone, consistency, and clarity
- Working collaboratively with our Audience Development, Research & Insights, and Product Development teams to optimize your business and drive value for others
- Sourcing and onboarding new freelancers as needed
- Engaging with our third party agents and affiliate platforms in order to optimize and streamline the content creation and monetization process
- Leveraging experience, internal data and external agents in order to identify and onboard strategic affiliate partners
- Staying on top of nascent consumer trends and product categories in order to provide insight to the brand audience and actionable intelligence to the company
- 3+ years in an editorial position with experience in a commerce-oriented role
- Comfort using data to drive product selection and content decisions
- Proficiency with content analytics programs (Google Analytics, SEMRush, Parse.ly) and SEO best practices
- Familiarity with commerce best practices as well as affiliate platforms and strategy.
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, and copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to help design and build an important internal content business with significant upside
- Accountable for growth and the ability to work independently
- A passion for one or more of the Group Nine family of brands, with particular expertise in relevant content categories