Graphic Designer / Creative Director
We are looking for the talented designer that is looking for opportunity to expand into creative direction, and naturally have those skill sets and sense. The Graphic Designer / Creative Director will develop and produce product marketing collateral, advertising, and brand promotional materials, including product sales sheets. They will professionally interface with internal team members and must possess the ability to communicate design process and elements in a clear, concise, and objective manner. They should be a self-starter, able to manage multiple concurrent projects, manage their time and deadlines, and be self-motivated.
The graphic designer must be a highly organized, a detail-oriented thinker, an excellent communicator, understand the creative process, sales driven, team-player mentality, high standards of execution and be an excellent project manager, able to track and drive the completion of numerous small and large-scale projects simultaneously.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate deadlines and requirements to the team.
- Design and produce innovative marketing collateral both print and digital.
- Work with team members from sales and marketing to conceptualize and produce creative marketing material.
- Manage their assigned projects to maintain a high level of efficiency.
- Catalog design, layout, and production.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a graphic designer.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Highly motivated, self-managed individual.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- A strong understanding of print production processes.
- Strong portfolio is a must with strong Illustration designs.
- Photography and videography/editing skills a plus.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Automotive / Motorsports enthusiast a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related studies, or equivalent technical trade degree or experience in graphic design.
Pay range $40k-$60k. $70k+ for capable graphic designer with creative director abilities.
As part of Skunk2’s commitment to developing industry-leading products, we’ve remained actively involved in various forms of motorsports through technical partnerships, sponsorships, as well as with our own race vehicles for more than 15 years. We’ve gone on to secure a number of drag racing and road racing records and championships, including earning the title of the world’s first 10-second naturally aspirated Honda. Racing provides us with the data necessary to produce high-performance parts utilizing innovative designs, advanced metal alloys, cutting-edge manufacturing methods, and stringent quality-control measures.
Driven by the desire to make things go faster, Skunk2’s staff is comprised of industry leaders, racers, and enthusiasts who are passionate about what they do and understand what other enthusiasts want. Our perspective is shaped by real-world racing experiences as well as by practical science, and that's precisely what makes Skunk2 products so good. Firmly grounded in our understanding of engineering, we make every effort to embrace advanced technology. Our goal is to make performance and technology accessible to other enthusiasts through innovative manufacturing techniques.
Since 1994, we’ve released a number of industry-leading products, including the first cast aluminum, high-performance intake manifold, cutting-edge composite fuel rails, and valvetrain components made from premium materials. Skunk2 is acclaimed as being the first U.S.-based sport compact parts manufacturer to offer CNC-machined, adjustable cam gears in 1995 as well as billet camshafts in 1999. As a result of continually pushing our engine development capabilities in the racing world, we’ve discovered a number of exciting “power secrets” that are incorporated into every Skunk2 product.
Today we continue our tradition of creating leading-edge products through a state-of-the-art engineering and R&D department as well as through extensive engine development and testing both on the race track and the street.