Electro-mechanical Engineer and Designer'
Group-A Engineering Norco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Group-A Engineering is a manufacturer of diverse high performance automotive components and systems. We have an immediate opening for an Electronics Engineer to work on the design and development of electro-mechanical automotive components.
The electronic Systems Design & Development Engineer will be the lead engineer in the design and engineering development of electro-mechanical products and assemblies for various automotive powertrain systems. The ideal candidate must have experience with developing electro-mechanical devices and be capable of performing detailed engineering design calculations. Typical projects developed may include: motors/pumps, electronic throttle bodies, control circuits, fuel injectors and automated test equipment.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
1. Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering (REQUIRED)
2. 3 or more years’ experience in automotive product development required (PREFFERED)
3. Required Working Knowledge of:
a. Laboratory equipment such as; oscilloscopes, multimeters, & function generators and PLC’s.
b. CAN communication tools
c. LabVIEW, C++, VB, Arduino, PWM
d. Data acquisition systems
e. Hands-On electronics experience
4. Diverse knowledge of engineering production techniques that will allow the individual to design for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
5. Must have the ability to balance multiple priorities and thrive in a self-directed environment.
6. Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
7. Must be fluent in SolidWorks and have working knowledge of GD&T.
8. Must be able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
· Responsible for product design, engineering and development of assigned projects.
· Organize and lead regular multi-disciplined design review meetings to ensure proper information transfer to and from the key project stakeholder tasks related to current products and applications as well as requirements for new products..
· Understands, interprets, and applies design solutions based on CAE analysis.
· Performs root cause analysis for test or production issues.
· Monitors individual program status and reports this information to Engineering Manager and Program Manager.
· Define engineering specifications for future product needs as dictated by product strategy goals.
· Conducts engineering tasks in accordance with the Group A Engineering framework and within the delegated levels of authority.
· Participates in vehicle performance tests internally and at customer sites and reviews, evaluates and reports on test results.
· Maintains an excellent know-how of market: customer requirements; identification and judgment of competition (products, activities, etc.); market trends (volumes, technology, commercial topics, etc.); emissions regulations; awareness of legal and tax regulations; classification societies and governmental bodies.
Group-A EngineeringWhy Work Here?
Great Team Environment
Group-A Engineering brand's include Skunk2 Racing, Grams Performance and Design, and Kraftwerks USA. Since 1995, Group-A Engineering’s goal has been to simply build the highest quality, best-performing aftermarket parts for today's sport compact vehicles. Designed by passionate enthusiasts and drawing on nearly 30 years of experience in the sport compact and domestic performance industries, we’re able to create the products that cater to the market needs.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Group-A Engineering