JES Foundation Repair, a Groundworks Company, is growing rapidly and seeks a proven Superintendent. We have been in business for over 25 years specializing in damaged foundations of all types including residential and commercial structures. We serve Virginia Beach, Chester, Manassas, Appomattox, Salem, and other surrounding areas. There’s a good reason why we’re known best for being better. And it starts with Integrity: we don’t believe in hard sales and pushy salesmen. A company is only as good as the people it hires. And we hire only the best. Every certified field inspector has experience in construction, engineering or some other area of housing industry. We here at JES Foundation Repair are dedicated to finding a Superintendent that would be a great fit for our company, and most importantly our customers!
We have been honored with the Best of Houzz in 2019, and also hold an A+ Better Business Bureau rating which highlights our ability to help every customer. We go above and beyond to help our customers resolve challenges with their basement, foundation, and crawl space problems.
We seek applicants with the ability to grow and expand our presence in Virginia, North Carolina, Washington, and Maryland.
What we provide for our employees:
· Competitive base salary with lucrative incentive plan
· Benefits including health insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, company-provided long-term disability and life insurance
· A leadership position with the nation's fastest-growing foundation repair company
· World-class training and support
· Manages Foremen and production crews, allocating work, orientation and training, setting performance expectations, evaluating performance outcomes, rewarding and recognizing excellent work, and recommending wage changes, promotions or transfers to Production Manager/General Manager. Communicates regularly with staff members through individual and group meetings. Develops installation skills in staff members by delivering on-the-job training and classroom training
· Manages fleet, tools, materials at job sites and institutes proper use and maintenance of all company assets
· Works closely with the Production Team to understand, communicate and execute job schedules and ensure the appropriate placement of crews and most efficient use of company resources. Ensures appropriate equipment is available and operative
· Understands permitting requirements and insures compliance to municipality on job sites with permit requirements. Keeps up-to-date on permitting regulations and requirements
· Visits job sites to recognize and/or re-direct staff behaviors, encourage continuous improvement, and find ways to gain efficiencies and more effective installation methods. Ensures that jobs are installed and completed according to quality standards, safety standards, and job specifications. Conducts warranty and/or escalation visits as required – and works towards final resolution
· Serves as the primary trainer for Foreman and production crews, new hires
· Assists sales and other employees with technical aspects of system installations
· Collaborates with other managers to create efficiencies related to production activities
· Assists and supports business planning when needed, and performs other related duties as assigned by management
· Ability to travel to work sites or construction branch locations, where the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites.
· S/he may be exposed to loud noise level as well as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
· The position works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
What is required to join our team as a Waterproofing Superintendent:
· Tactical Planning
· Problem Identification and Solution
· Trouble Shooting
· Work Organization
· Team Influence
· Tolerance for Stress
· Maximizing Others’ Performance
· Oral Communication
· Attention to Detail
· Technical Certification or Associate Degree in building or construction management; and/or technical credentials or experience preferred
· 2-3 years of experience as a foreman in the construction, renovation, waterproofing or related field preferred
· An equivalent combination of education and experience to illustrate a proven track record in the business field
The position lifts heavy objects and/or up to 50 lbs., walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively lifts and carries heavy loads. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand and arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. It also requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina. Seeing with the ability to read reports, data, statistics and information on computer screens are required.