Territory Sales Representative
Groundworks Industries Portland, OR
- Expired: July 29, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) serves to cultivate, engage, and expand our market share through actively prospecting existing cannabis dispensaries in their region for the sale of Groundworks product lines. The TSR is responsible for growing sales and market share across all product groups.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the TSR seeks to drive revenue, awareness, mindshare, leads, opportunities, and pre-sales, via sell with and sell through strategies.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with peers and management team to solve problems
- Positively collaborates with coworkers, celebrating success and overcoming opportunities
- Contributes to optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with management team when needed
- Actively works to create cultural buy-in amongst their team, and champion organizational goals and initiatives
- Create opportunities through a high volume of contact calls and visits to clients
- Responsible to drive and manage distribution partners for setting regional marketing and sales strategies to expand the company's portfolio within their region
- Work with production team to establish product pricing and value proposition
- Participate in sales activities including vendor visits, trade shows, grower meetings, and distribution sales meetings.
- Responsible for bringing a consistent flow of profitable new business to GW Industries via its brands/product offerings, and in accordance with the sales and marketing plan
- Target, qualify and pursue leads in accordance with company strategy and techniques
- Have an in-depth understanding, and be able to clearly articulate GW offerings, positioning and competitive advantage; following established business plan, sales process, and strategy for the market that ensures the attainment of company sales goals
- Service and manage all existing accounts within territory
- Expand existing client opportunity through new products
- Obtain and maintain excellent product knowledge to present entire product line, demonstrating technical knowledge regarding function and quality
- Monitors customer preferences or requests for products and collaborates with departments to ensure solutions and customer satisfaction
- Enable partner resources to identify and qualify opportunities, deliver samples, provide information and product value, and close transactions; increase sales and improve customer service to existing account base, while prospecting new customers and growing market share within the designated territory
- Support all organizational goals to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Manage cost within the confines of assigned budgets
- Appropriately seek approval for expenses as needed
- Monitor market trends and competition, and help identify new business opportunities
- Continually seek efficiency gains and cost-savings across designated function
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Proven track record for meeting sales in quota in a broad, diverse, and complex market
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong internal and partner-focused relationships and work seamlessly with minimal field support
- Energetic, extremely results-driven, and customer-focused
- Ability to build and cultivate superior relationships with internal and 3rd party dispensaries
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time
- Accountability for achieving and preferably exceeding sales targets
- Very strong verbal and written communication proficiency; English literacy.
- Adaptability and tolerance to fast-paced business growth.
- Comfort with typical business computing and technology; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hold a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation for commuting among locations within assigned region.
- Hold a valid Marijuana's Handlers Permit where required
- Cannabis experience and knowledge is useful but not required
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the cannabis space.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales and/or business development role
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
BusinessView all jobs at Groundworks Industries