Job Title: Retail Education Specialist
Department: Retail Field
Reports to: Retail Director
The Retail Education Specialist is responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business, supporting overall store performance and achievement of all company objectives as well as inspiring a high performance team. The Retail Education Specialist is also responsible for supporting a high level of engagement and a people development culture in his/ her area and throughout the store, since the success of the business is tied to the quality and performance of the team as it relates to our products, service, and environments.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Support achievement of Sales, Profit, P&L performance, Customer Loyalty, and Inventory Management.
· Build and leverage cross-functional relationships both internally and externally to best create and execute store level strategies.
· Collaborate with accounting and operations partners to establish, document and train in best practices for reconciliations and inventory integrity at the store level.
· Drive the selling and service processes; providing training, leadership and motivation to team in achieving sales goals, driving best in class customer service standards and execution of company initiatives.
· Champion training and implementation of procedures and processes in BioTrack and METRC
· Identify cannabis market trends and regularly provide analysis of the competitive landscape including opportunities across product, service and environment focuses.
· Monitor the visual merchandising processes in each store to ensure that standards are maintained and signage and pricing menus are current and clear.
· In partnership with HR, support development of effective staff on boarding program and service training model to be utilized across locations for best in class people development and consistency in consumer experience in addition to coordinating employee recognition initiatives.
· Support creation of education and development programs for retail staff and works directly with store teams to implement
· Time on sales floor coaching and mentoring sales and service techniques
· Cross functional collaboration between retail team and partners (production, marketing, etc) to ensure consistent and comprehensive product information is available and presented to drive sell through goals
· Attend and contribute to as needed to company business meetings.
· Perform other related duties as requested by Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year university in Business, Communications or comparable studies and a minimum of 4 years of related management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience coordinating with multiple locations simultaneously and ability to travel
· Interest or knowledge in the cannabis industry preferred
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, METRC, BioTrack or related software
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions and to utilize this data to make recommendations and decisions
· Ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations that support business decisions and influence outcomes cross functionally
· Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e. on the sales floor, operations, vendor meetings)
· Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Dynamic team player with ability to positively motivate staff and network locally and regionally to build relationships.
· Ability to make complex decisions based on statistics, trends and opinions
· Ability to teach others processes and ensure team members understand financial implications of decisions
· Proven track record in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results.
· Motivation towards process improvement, with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems
· Willingness to travel between Portland metro area, Oregon City, and Happy Valley as needed
· Ability to successfully manage multiple channels with different customers, systems and processes
Licenses and other Requirements:
Marijuana Handler Permit must be acquired prior to start of employment
Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations required for working in this industry
Over 21 years of age
Reliable transportation a must
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.