Groundworks Industries Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Learn more at https://www.gw-ind.com/
The Financial Analyst supports financial planning and analysis in conjunction with the VP of Finance to support effective allocation of capital, and business focus.
The Financial Analyst supports the forecasting, budgeting, and planning processes and serves as a trusted partner throughout the organization.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with peers and management team to solve problems
- Positively collaborates with coworkers, celebrating success and overcoming opportunities
- Contributes to optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with management team when needed
- Actively works to create cultural buy-in amongst their team, and champion organizational goals and initiatives
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide status of financial conditions by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data as requested
- Build and maintain relationships with critical internal and external stakeholders and partner with them to establish critical flows and processes.
- Recommend, develop and implement processes that support the budgeting and forecasting initiatives
- Support all organizational goals to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Lead modeling efforts with key input into the assumptions that support the organization's long-term goals and strategy
- Recommend and develop benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, and financial obligations to predict future revenues and expenses
- In collaboration with the VP of Finance and Controller calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Work with VP of Finance to manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses on product, customer and other business opportunities, as needed
- Oversee weekly and period analysis and reporting of financial metrics and KPI's
- Continuously assess and communication organizational performance against budget and strategic objectives
- Assist functional leaders with performing financial analysis and Return on Investment analysis to support new product development, business and project planning, and capital expenditures
- Develop and continually enhance the tools used to support forecasting, budgeting, financial analysis, regular reporting and business planning
- Develop and maintain multiple complex business financial models
- Maintain a solid understanding of specifically accounting and regulatory treatment specific to cannabis
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- In-depth understanding of multi-entity accounting
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modelling experience
- Outgoing and encouraging demeanor with an ability to positively motivate staff and to network locally and regionally to build relationships.
- Very strong verbal and written communication proficiency; English literacy.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions to inform recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations that support business decisions and influence outcomes cross-functionally.
- Flexibility to 'fill in' and work in various capacities based on business needs, e.g. on a sales floor.
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adaptability and tolerance to fast-paced business growth.
- Comfort with typical business computing and technology; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hold a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation for commuting among locations within assigned region.
- Hold a valid Marijuana's Handlers Permit.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the cannabis space.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission.
- Microsoft Dynamics experience
- Ability to stand, walk, sit and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors, and in some instances staircases.
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily.
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for several hours contiguously.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Groundworks Industries