Cannabis Production Supervisor - Post Harvest
Groundworks Industries Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
The Production Supervisor, Post-Harvest serves as member of the leadership team within the Post-Harvest department.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Production Supervisor, Post-Harvest ensures high quality production of product through supervision of staff and all processes associated with production, to include training, validation of skill set, delegation of task, scheduling work, overseeing core activity, and corrective action.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Continually develop, motivate, and grow all employees within department'with emphasis on building/maintaining an exceptional, best-in-class talent bench.
- Partner with Human Resources to figure out ways to gauge employee satisfaction, e.g. through surveys, focus groups, etc.; to leverage development opportunities, e.g. 'lunch and learns,' guest speakers, Q&As, etc.; and to break down inter-divisional barriers and foster overall cross-company unity.
- Operate as an 'HR Business Ambassador' within department; understand and hold employees accountable to Title VII and Wage and Hour Law, and best practices around progressive performance management, performance reviews and incident response.
- Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they contribute to and benefit from GW's success.
- Is an inspiring role model through presence and actions; takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourages and empowers others to do the same
- Drives change; demonstrates adaptability and fosters an environment that encourages open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change
- Acknowledges employees' efforts and rewards results
- Serves as a coach and mentor; provides coaching and feedback on specific skill development and encourages employees to pursue growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with peers and management team to solve problems
- Positively collaborates with coworkers, celebrating success and overcoming opportunities
- Contributes to optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with management team when needed
- Actively works to create cultural buy-in amongst their team, and champion organizational goals and initiatives
- Sets the standard and provides leadership direction to the team to ensure that production protocols and established processes/best practices are being followed through daily validation.
- Drives accountability of flawless daily execution and reacts accordingly when results aren't being met (e.g. via coaching, PIPs and progressive discipline)
- Assign and manage daily tasks per the Production Plan, prepares production crew daily schedules ensuring coverage of all facility production processes to include management of time off, and daily staff responsibility changes when absences occur
- Assist with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training Production Teams Follow company policies and procedures regarding work quality, dress code and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with Operations leadership to determine priorities and processes for production crews
- Develops a project plan to manage specific areas of work to include defined tasks, responsibilities, timelines and milestones
- Creates and manages the SOP's for the Post-Harvest-Team. These processes include but are not limited to trimming, pre-rolls, cartridges and other processes as necessary.
- Creates labor plans based on Engineering time standards for each task.
- Provide oversight for and perform when necessary, all tasks in the Post-Harvest process.
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional work environment
- Ensures facility hygiene and cleaning/sanitation protocols.
- Assist with long term planning and production goal setting.
- Assist in quality control and final product management.
- Support all organizational goals to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Drives continuous improvement efforts in areas of responsibility.
- Works with Management on the creation and reporting of KPI's.
- Manage cost within the confines of assigned budgets
- Appropriately seek approval for expenses as needed
- Continually seek efficiency gains and cost-savings across designated function
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
Oversees a team of 2-5 Production Associates and Specialists.
- Strong supervisory skills with ability to build team engagement and commitment, follow through on development actions to optimize individual potential and empower and motivate others
- High attention to detail with low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Possession of "soft skills," including the ability to communicate thoughtfully and with respect toward others. A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential
- Ability to manage personnel issues including disciplinary actions with confidence and equality
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Must be able to multitask and deliver measurable results
- Results driven, with a strong emphasis on data to qualify approaches and outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) production software, and the State tracking system
- Self-motivated to achieve goals
- High degree of flexibility, that includes weekend and holiday work hours, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivation towards process improvement, with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems
- Trustworthy and hard working with a commitment to an excellent attendance record
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
ManufacturingView all jobs at Groundworks Industries