Mid-Level Geologist or Scientist
- Posted: 23 days ago
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks a remote Geologist or Scientist located near the Springfield, Illinois market to perform fieldwork activities and provide remote project progression support to the Batavia, Illinois office (Chicago area).
- Performs groundwater sampling, gauging and product bailing, and surveying.
- Participates in monitoring well installations and sampling events.
- Compiles and completes field notes on each event/site.
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings.
- Records data, prepares reports, and provides analysis of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge.
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related disciple
- 2-4+ years of related experience. Experience with drilling oversight and the ability to lead subsurface events is required.
- Leaking underground storage tank (LUST) program experience in Illinois and Missouri is desired.
- Must be willing to travel locally and overnight for field events (up to 50%).
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player with excellent communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Groundwater and Environmental Svcs.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?