Geologist or Environmental Scientist - Mid Level
- Posted: over a month ago
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks a mid level Geologist or Environmental Scientist to support fieldwork and environmental remediation project activities in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
- Responsible for most aspects of case management/project management with senior oversight.
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- 4-8+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field. Case management experience on retail petroleum and/or industrial projects preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) requires that each candidate for employment must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as well as show proof of vaccination if hired. All GES job offers are contingent upon providing proof of vaccination by the first day of employment.
Groundwater and Environmental Svcs.
ScienceView all jobs at Groundwater and Environmental Svcs.