Air Quality Engineer/Scientist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks a Mid-Level Air Quality Engineer/Scientist to execute technical work and contribute to the growth of our air quality services.
This Mid-Level Air Quality Engineer/Scientist will be responsible for performing technical work, including source reviews, regulation applicability, impact assessments, emissions estimated, inventory development, control technology determinations, and permit applications for commercial and government clients. This person will work closely with our senior air quality professionals to prepare proposals and complete project work.
This position can be 100% remote, or in-office/hybrid in one of our locations in California (San Diego), Arizona (Phoenix), or Texas (Dallas, Houston) Travel for company, client, and regulatory meetings is required as needed.
- Applies industry and regulatory knowledge to perform air quality services under the direction of senior professionals.
- Performs source determinations and regulatory applicability for projects.
- Prepares permit applications for projects such as emergency generator installations, dredging operations, aggregates facilities, and manufacturing plants.
- Completes emissions inventories for petroleum storage, manufacturing, chemical processing, food, and other facilities.
- Assists senior professionals with greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), toxic release inventories (TRI), Compile Annual Greenhouse Gas Emissions reports, Safety Determination for Open Burn reports, Semi-annual boiler reports, Title V permit renewals and Annual Emissions Certification Report for Title V Permits.
- Complete Annual CAA Compliance Audits
- Compile National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) Regulatory Compliance for Area Source Boilers and Stationary Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE)
- Some field support may be required and could include air, odor, noise, and vibration monitoring
- Candidates with experience in performing air permitting and compliance throughout multiple air districts in California is preferred
- Coordinate Combustion Optimization and CAA Awareness training
- Complete Annual CAA Compliance Audits
- Manages air compliance record keeping and prepares compliance reports.
- Supports compliance services, including site inspections and source testing scope development.
- Prepares proposals, including scope development and costing for smaller-scale projects and assists with detailed proposals on larger-scale opportunities.
- Directly interfaces with clients.
- May serve as project manager for some air quality projects.
- Monitors regulatory developments and provides recommendations to air quality team.
- Management of one part-time remote staff member.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field discipline.
- 3-7 years of related experience is required.
- Experience with new source reviews (NSRs), prevention of significant deterioration determinations (PSDs), national emissions standards for hazardous air pollutants (NESHAP) applicability, major source Title V permitting, air quality impact assessments, emissions estimates, and inventory development is desirable.
- Experience with climate change, sustainability, and environmental justice are a plus.
- Experience with other compliance services such as storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP), spill prevention, control and countermeasures (SPCC plans), Tier II inspection and reporting, and hazardous materials business plans (HMBPs) are a plus.
- Must have excellent technical writing, decision-making, and time management skills.
- An E.I.T. or P.E. certification is a major plus.
- Willingness to travel as needed for business purposes.
Groundwater and Environmental Svcs.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Air Quality Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.