Field Technician - Mid Level - Environmental Remediation
- Posted: over a month ago
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks Environmental Field Technicians to support fieldwork activities for our Westford, Massachusetts office.
- Executes, supervises, and documents field aspects of environmental monitoring, site assessment, remediation, and construction activities, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Performing soil and groundwater sampling activities, and may assist with remedial system operation & maintenance.
- Completing well development activities.
- Maintaining equipment calibration logs.
- Recording field notes to the specific task performed at each site location.
- Handling general warehouse and maintenance duties.
- Performing labor and construction duties based on the project requirements.
- Performing general repairs.
- Supervising contractors on subsurface excavations, tank removals and equipment & piping installations.
- Following GES engineering, construction, and O&M policies and procedures.
- Adhering to GES Health & Safety Standards in all field-related activities.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-7+ years of related fieldwork experience is required. Experience should include: groundwater sampling, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, construction oversight, and / or subcontractor oversight.
- Mechanical aptitude is required.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be provided if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to support project needs, and be agreeable to outdoor work.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail oriented and a team player.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
GES requires that each candidate for employment must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as well as show proof of vaccination if hired.
Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)