Senior Environmental Scientist / Ecologist – Ecological Services (ES)
We are looking for a Senior Environmental Scientist / Ecologist to secure new projects and clients while contributing to the development of existing client relationships within in our Ecological Services service line. This position will lead client and business development efforts throughout our South & West region, primarily Florida.
In addition, initially, this person will handle high level project management for any new work that is secured.
The position can be home-based from anywhere in Florida, however our preferred candidate will be based in Central or West Florida or have the ability to report to our Tampa area Pinellas Park or Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Handling project management for high visibility / large scale projects, which includes: project definition, siting, assessment, permitting, data management, and compliance support.
- Acting as primary contact for key clients by providing regular status updates, resolving project related challenges, and establishing a strong business relationship.
- Managing capture efforts, which includes: utilizing technical expertise to develop proposals for projects, creating written content, developing pricing, co-conducting presentations, and finalizing contracting.
- Expanding existing client relationships by ensuring quality service on current projects, and focusing cross-selling efforts towards new high-potential opportunities.
- Leading ES related account development, sales, and delivery of GES’ consulting services for the South & West Region.
- Collaborating with local management, Senior Leadership, the Director of Operations (South & West), and the Director of ES to regularly evaluate opportunities to pursue, as well as execute strategic plans to support revenue generation goals and objectives.
- Generating leads through an established professional network, as well as by attending conferences and industry events.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the sciences or engineering. A CWB or PWS certification is a plus.
- 15+ years of progressive ecological services experience and client support. Experience in any of the following areas is a major plus:
- Aquatic environmental characterization and monitoring
- Biological and habitat assessment
- Cultural resource surveys
- Ecological risk assessment
- Environmental documentation (NEPA)
- Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA)
- Wildlife Hazard Assessments and Management Plans
- Water, sediment and biological sampling and monitoring
- Wetland delineation and permitting
- Wetland mitigation banking
- Wetland stream design
- Must have an extensive knowledge of ES markets in Florida and established client relationships with key decision makers.
- Must possess business development experience, which should include: generating leads, creating proposals, and conducting sales presentations.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, presentation, and client service skills
Our core values are centered on safety, quality of service, and doing what’s right for our employees, our clients, and the environment. Since our founding in 1985, we’ve remained true to these values while adapting and growing to better meet our clients’ evolving business needs.
We focus on developing and delivering right-sized, practical solutions based on our clients' objectives – whether those are to invest in new infrastructure, reduce expenses, eliminate liabilities, maintain compliance, or improve processes. Our understanding of client goals and operations, combined with technical knowledge and regulatory expertise, gives us the ability to think outside the box and deliver value-based solutions. This approach carries through all of our services, from strategic consulting to safe and efficient project execution.
We face the future with the strength of our past, an innovative perspective, and a shared mission to provide responsive, effective, and superior quality services to our clients and a safe workplace that fosters professional development for our employees. That’s GES.