Grounds for Sculpture Hamilton Township, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full time, non-exempt Facilities Technician to join our Facilities team. The Facilities Technician performs work involving the upkeep of the buildings and grounds. This position requires willingness to train in operations of various building systems. In addition, the Facilities Technician is responsible for setting up events, opening and closing buildings, and monitoring and remediating safety concerns in all buildings and the grounds. This is a multi-faceted position attending to horticulture needs and facilities needs.
Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of the buildings does not deteriorate.
- Assist with the repair or replacement of defective equipment parts, using hand tools, power tools and reassemble equipment
- Cleans all areas of the Facility (for example, floors, windows, restrooms, trash receptacles) while following GFS procedures, guidelines, and methods, and utilizing approved chemicals, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
- Help maintain inventory of parts and supplies and notify if more are needed
- Oversee the work of contractors to ensure work is performed as specified
- Arrange furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for events
- Respond to other departments' needs during events and day to day
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests and alarms as required
- Perform general grounds maintenance including but not limited to pruning, planting, watering, greenhouse work, and clean-up
- Continuous monitoring of buildings and parks
- Check park for liter and debris
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of methods, procedures, tools, materials, and equipment used in maintaining machine, mechanical equipment, and buildings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to represent an organization, both internally and externally, with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy is also required
- Ability to build relationships with volunteers, staff, and guests, and be a passionate advocate for the organization
- Minimum of 1 year of general building maintenance
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Drivers License required
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Experience with shop tools, stationary shop equipment, and hand tools
- Must be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Grounds For Sculpture offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, medical / dependent flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits. We also offer, paid time off and paid holidays.
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website: www.groundsforsculpture.org
About Grounds For Sculpture
Nestled in the heart of central New Jersey lies Grounds For Sculpture ("GFS"), a magical place where art and nature are always at play. At its core are more than 270 sculptures by renowned and emerging contemporary artists, each thoughtfully positioned on meticulously landscaped parkland full of thousands of exotic trees and flowers. It is a feast for the senses.
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre sculpture garden, museum and arboretum with major exhibition, education, performance, restaurant and visitor amenities that make contemporary art accessible by showcasing it in beautiful settings that encourage discovery and learning. Its arboretum has more than 200 cultivars of trees, thousands of flowering shrubs, and settings grand and intimate, all to spotlight art and engage the visitor. GFS' performing arts events, educational programs, and family activities invite people to approach and interact with art on their terms, growing in knowledge, understanding, and joy. Last year Grounds For Sculpture attracted over 250,000 visitors.
Grounds for Sculpture
AddressHamilton Township, NJ
Real EstateView all jobs at Grounds for Sculpture