Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Summary: This is a contract position and the Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of a large residential apartment building. The Sr. Project Manager will be to manage and set, schedule, costing, safety, and quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible and accountable for the execution, completion, and delivery of the project.
· Develops, manages, and maintains a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of a project while demonstrating a logical pattern for utilization of all resources and minimizing exposure and risk.
· Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success.
· Oversee and manages the buyout process through vendor development in soliciting bids, demonstrating a proactive and organized bid analysis and subcontract negotiations.
· Assess and evaluate value engineering on a continual basis throughout the construction project phase.
· Manages all project costs to complete projects on or under the established Construction Budget and approved owner changes.
· Accurately forecasts project costs and spend; prepares accurate and timely monthly Forecast at Completion (FAC)/ Schedule of Values (SOV).
· Prepare accurate and timely monthly Change Management Reports.
· Proactively manages pay applications and vendor invoicing with timely payments and accuracy.
· Proactively identifies changes in project scope and responsible for Change Management Process.
· Oversees and manages performance of all subcontractors and suppliers for the project.
· Lead the team in the development and maintenance of the Project Schedule that clearly communicates the project milestone goals.
· Monitors the schedule to demonstrate the overall sequencing for a project with support from the Superintendent.
· Promote Zero Injury culture at site and amongst subcontractors adhering to the established Construction safety policies and OSHA standards.
· Verify that Field Team Members are consistently and proactively completing weekly safety inspections.
· Follow through on correction notices to ensure compliance and enforce vendor contractual obligations.
· Collaborate with the Superintendent to develop the site utilization and logistics plan to organize the construction site to facilitate efficient construction at all times.
· Responsible for the Project Teams’ adherence related to the established Construction Quality Management Program and project specifications to ensure that the construction of the project meets or exceeds the quality expectations of the Owner.
· Ensure the Architectural, MEP, and owner punch lists are completed.
· Lead and delivery 100% complete project to owner/ operator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge and/or abilities required for this role.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
· Exhibits excellence in Project Leadership and drives cohesive teamwork on all fronts. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Offers and welcomes constructive feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Places success of the team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Endurance and ability to examine the entire job site, including ladders, stairs, or other elevated structures.
Education & Experience
· Minimum 10+ years of experience in Commercial Project Management Construction in General Contracting
· Preferred 8+ years of wood frame construction
· Possess a high level of computer literacy and program knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel & Word) is a must. Experience with Procore.
· Four-year degree in Construction Management or related field experience preferred
· No travel is required
· Annual Salary (exempt)
· Project Bonus
· 10 hour shift
· Day shift
· Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: DOE
· Bonus pay
· Work Remotely: No
Ground Up Construction Henderson, NV
Why Work Here?
Annual Salary Exempt & Project Bonus!