Ground Effects LLC Sterling Heights, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brief Description of Position
The position of Production Manager will be to oversee the production of world class quality products to be installed on our customer’s vehicles based on current requirement, while adhering to current quality control plans, company policies and procedures. Assist in maintaining communication channels with direct reports to ensure efficient daily operations. Assist leadership with attendance management, performance management and corrective action of production employees. Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for all employees while enforcing compliance of all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures.
· Assist Plant Manager with scheduling manufacturing activities based on customer releases so as to minimize inventory while providing the customer with prompt delivery. Customer releases may be derived from EDI transmissions.
· Assist and ensure that orders are released in the chronological order (FIFO) unless circumstances dictate that the release date is overridden to comply with various customer needs.
· Assist in maintaining communication channels with direct reports so as to ensure efficient daily operations. Assist direct reports with attendance management, performance management and corrective action of production employees.
· Receive and review shift reports from Production Supervisors and address areas of concern/problem.
· Per the IATF16949 requirements, ensure that production floor is equipped with proper work instructions and procedures to carry out manufacturing activities.
· Assist Plant Manager and maintenance in ensuring all work in process is properly tagged in accordance with procedures and instructions.
· Assist Plant Manager and maintenance in ensuring properly maintained equipment and appropriate trained personnel are available to carry out these activities.
· Ensure that the OSHA and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to. Comply with provisions of the OSHA Regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the employees. Ensure employees are acquainted with and aware of the hazards present in the workplace and provide information, instruction and competent supervision of employees. Be visible, assume leadership, assist in developing and initiating an effective health and safety attitude. Participate and initiate in continuous safety training.
· Assist Plant Manager and quality team in the creation and implementation of quality control plans.
· Assist with the review and disposition of nonconforming products and assist in providing solutions in prevent of their reoccurrence.
· Assist Plant Manager with overseeing product handling to ensure products are properly handled so as to prevent damage and stored in designated areas.
· Provide input in continuous improvement and APQP meetings. In addition, provide continuous review of departmental processes to improve overall efficiencies.
· Assist the Plant Manager with providing leadership and direction to Production Department. As such, the incumbent is responsible for the assignment of work to direct reports, as well as, attendance management and performance management. When necessary, implement corrective action to bring about positive change in direct reports to ensure optimum efficiency and quality.
· Assist with facility management, making sure the facility meets all manufacturing and day to day operation requirements.
· Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Must have a three to five years experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing or production environment. Automotive manufacturing background is a plus.
· Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent is required. Further education is a definite asset.
· Familiarity with IATF16949 and OSHA Requirements is preferred but will train.
· Must be able to provide support on production floor and be visible.
· Must be team oriented and have excellent communication, organizational, and strong computer skills.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
· Flexible scheduling for off shift or weekend assistance
· Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Independence — Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Managerial/Leadership — Job requires leadership skills or the ability to learn with training and development plan.
· Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as two way communication and providing clear direction.
Professionalism and Work Ethic - Job requires a hi
Ground Effects LLCWhy Work Here?
Ground Effects offers a competitive wage , excellent benefit package, annual increases and advancement! Sign on Bonus!!
Ground Effects is a leader in the automotive up-fit industry with an excellent reputation and supplier of the year awards! If you want to work for a top notch company with excellent benefits and opportunities, please join us today!
7566 Metro ParkwaySterling Heights, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ground Effects LLC