Grossman Iron & Steel Co., #5 North Market, St. Louis, MO 63102, is looking for an experienced Industrial Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic Manager (VMD Manager) to join our team!
The successful candidate will provide direct supervision to ensure the safe achievement of quality, production, and cost objectives in scrap processing plant. The VMD Manager will coordinate activities in the yard and with our Drayage department to ensure the availability of required equipment, materials and consumables. Requires the troubleshooting of operational and equipment issues, identifying corrective measures, and assignment of daily department schedules. Supervises a union workforce within the constraints of a union bargaining contract.
Minimum of 4 years DIRECTLY RELATED experience required.
Grossman Iron & Steel offers a competitive, COMPANY PAID, Health and Welfare benefits package to our eligible employees. Benefits include major Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Disability, plus paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401K.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, and environmental requirements and objectives.
- Coordinate, plan and prioritize daily department schedule, assignments, and activities.
- Practice continuous quality improvement.
- Provide Management with data-driven production updates.
- Ability to interact with, communicate with, and effectively manage others.
- Able to perform all the physical requirements and physical activities of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate, some college preferred.
- 4-6 years’ supervisory experience necessary, preferably in a union environment.
- Must have valid State of Missouri Commercial Driver’s License (CDL A) with endorsements or be able to obtain in a timely manner.
- Must pass Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Missouri Vehicle Inspector license.
- Knowledge in safety procedures, traffic laws, D.O.T. Regulations, Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations.
- Good working skills and knowledge in an effective vehicular preventative and predictive maintenance program.
- Ability to understand and implement Environmental and Safety regulations and multitude of technical and manufacturer recommendations regarding vehicles, parts, tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge and industrial experience in heavy equipment mechanical repairs, welding techniques, electrical, and hydraulics.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Supervising and inspecting the repair of diesel engines, hydraulics, heavy equipment and other motor equipment.
- Computer skills to include MS Office.
Grossman Iron & Steel Co. offers a competitive benefits package including major medical and dental, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401(K).
All job candidates must be willing to submit to any job related background check, medical exam, and drug screen required during the hiring process.
Please, no phone calls about this position.
EEOE and E-VERIFY Employer