We're currently hiring non-CDL drivers for our Campus Operations! Are you seeking something full-time? Are you available for overnight shifts that includes weekends? Are you looking to earn some extra income or need to start saving for the holidays? Are you sick of being just another number to your current employer? Do you wish to get away from transporting unruly kids day in and day out? Well come and be a part of the Groome Transportation family of drivers!
Ideal job for Retirees, Veterans, Part-/Full-time employees!
Full-time benefits offered, evening and weekend work available!
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and operating across 16 states, Groome Transportation is a very successful specialty ground transportation company providing closed-loop campus shuttle services contracted with academic and institutional clients (the "Contract" division). Groome generates best-in-class profitability, reflecting the value of its services to its customers and its efficient operations.
Driver will be required to drive a shuttle vehicle on a fixed route with assigned stops while also providing excellent customer service. Responsible for the safe and comfortable operation of the vehicle.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all passengers receive safe, reliable customer-oriented transportation throughout the shift
- Using the Smith System for defensive driving and other driver training materials that have been provided, ensure that the vehicle is operated in a safe manner at all times
- Accept direction from dispatch and pick up riders as directed
- Greet passengers and thank passengers in a friendly manner as they enter and exit the bus
- Ability to uphold company standard for customer service, including proper phone and bus etiquette
- Responsible for keeping assigned vehicle clean inside and out and odor free
- Ability to climb into bus (vehicle)
- Frequent opening and closing of doors
- Get out of van to assist passengers if needed
- Ability to operate GPS in van as needed
- Ability to operate ADA equipment, lift and wheelchair securement
- Attend staff meetings and safety trainings as required
- Report for work on time and in uniform for every shift
- Possible on-call as required during inclement weather
- Communication with Dispatchers both in person and over the radio
- Complete driver logs, if required
- Perform location specific duties such as facility clean up, parking lot clean up, or other duties as directed by Operations Manager and/or Dispatchers
- Advise manager of any accidents or incidents per company policy
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Driver's license with all appropriate endorsements for equipment being driven
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Motor Vehicle Report must meet all company standards
- Must pass DOT physical and drug test with a one-year card, post-offer, pre-placement testing and on the road training
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and
- Complete pre-employment background check
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with others to maintain integrity of transportation system
- Understand and follow all state and federal driving regulations
- Ability to use a computer and the Internet