The Grommet is looking for an Email, CRM, and direct mail marketing expert to run a robust email marketing program for our e-Commerce business. You'll have ample opportunity to make an impact with a small team dedicated to email and CRM.
We're seeking a leader who can think and act strategically, making data-driven decisions to optimize marketing campaigns. You'll need to advocate for engineering resources to iterate on integrations and upgrade tools. While being strategic, you can't be afraid to get your hands dirty.
You and your team will focus on evolving a robust email program for driving first and repeat purchases, coordinating with other channels for maximum effectiveness, and leading subscriber acquisition efforts through offline and online channels. Direct mail experience is strongly preferred.
- Own and advance CRM and email strategies, focusing initially on subscriber acquisition/first purchase and then shifting to retention, cross-sell and ongoing engagement opportunities.
- Revise and test top tier targeting, drip, trigger, and segmentation campaigns
- Collaborate with the internal creative group in the creation of creative assets for campaigns, and the engineering team for data and integration needs.
- Audit existing ESP (Listrak) and conduct RFP to determine best course of action to scale the program. Build a business plan with the associated recommendation.
- Analyze, track, and report on key metrics such as click and conversion rates.
- Team up with marketing and other colleagues as needed to ensure successful, integrated campaigns.
- Create and maintain reporting and analytics to support business decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years' proven experience in hands-on management of successful email marketing with a transactional B2C or e-commerce business
- 3+ years experience in managing a team of marketing professionals
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, communications, or other related field
- Deep expertise in triggered/automated drip campaigns and workflows, including flows for customer welcoming, browsing, abandoned cart, guiding pre- and post-purchase behavior, and re-engagement
- Solid working knowledge of ESP's in e-commerce and web analytics platforms (e.g. Google, Analytics or similar) based on daily use.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Must be a highly intelligent, strategic, creative thinker who brings a positive attitude and passion for innovation - you take pride in exceptional execution
Some of the Good Stuff
- Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We’re building a disruptive product launch platform and we’re dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It’s perfect for gift giving.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and yearly bonus incentive plan based on performance
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What is your ideal career path over the next few years?