Systems Integration Engineer
Gromelski and Associates, Inc. Fairfax, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Systems Integration Engineer
Gromelski and Associates, Inc. (GAI) partners with prime contractors to provide professional services. Key service areas include Engineering Design and Documentation; Software Development and Testing; System Integration, Testing and Evaluation; Lab Management and Field Installation; Integrated Logistics Support, Training Development and Delivery, Multimedia Support, and Technical System Support.
The Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for addressing a variety of software, hardware, and infrastructure issues related to integrating a complex system of subsystems and functional capabilities in a simulated tactical lab environment.
This engineer will interact across the team to address matters that affect execution or performance of the project and provide regular progress status and participate in required program planning.
You will also participate in the System Engineering life cycle, including software development and early integration, hardware stand-up, test definition, and test planning.
Other responsibilities include developing and integrating the deployment of cloud-based solutions; work closely with the software development group to design and deploy highly available, scalable and cost-efficient applications leveraging the cloud infrastructure.
Responsibilities also include integration support across the cloud infrastructure requiring systems integration skills in software, hardware, and networking.
Systems Integration Engineer Tasks May Include:
· Responsible for the design, build, deployment, and configuration management for the work generated by a devops Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
· Implement dynamic cloud-based architectures consisting of virtualized resources that support multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications, services, databases, and capabilities using various hypervisors, platforms, and operating systems.
· Implement virtualized servers, clients, tools and infrastructure.
· Resolving build and installation issues
· Support to partner organizations.
Systems Integration Engineer Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related field and two or more years of related experience; or a combination of education/experience.
· Experience deploying, configuring or architecting virtualization or cloud-based solutions.
· Experience defining and architecting end-to-end data flow architecture and data management systems.
· Experience performing data center architecture and design, consolidation, optimization, administration, engineering and management of private and hybrid cloud environments.
· Knowledge or experience with container technologies such as Docker, ECS, Fargate, etc.
· Knowledge or experience using Unix/Linux based command lines.
· Experience with software compilation utilities (i.e., GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle).
· Strong Linux experience with the ability to create and edit scripts (i.e., bash, csh, ksh, and tcish), along with software debugging/troubleshooting experience.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and possess a DoD Secret clearance to begin work.
Systems Integration Engineer Desired Skills:
· Experience in program execution in Agile environments and system engineering of large, complex systems.
· Understanding of Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies to ensure system security and data integrity.
· Experience containerizing and virtualizing applications.
· Experience deploying cloud-based Linux systems.
· Experience utilizing distributed storage (e.g. Ceph, Gluster).
· Knowledgeable in software programming languages (i.e., C++, Java).
· Networking skills; familiar with Cisco routers and switches.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Job Location: Manassas, VA (Relocation Assistance Available)
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski & Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law ordinance, or regulation.
Gromelski and Associates, Inc.Why Work Here?
Gromelski and Associates, Inc. is a small, woman-owned business. Since 1989, we have provided services for major corporations and large government agencies including the Social Security Administration, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Global Knowledge Network, Digital Equipment Corporation, Nextel Communications, Network Associates, Oracle Corporation, Department of Education, ExecuTrain Corporation, Federal Computer Corporation, and the U.S. Navy. Currently, we develop and deliver technical documentation and multimedia support including interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs), multimedia applications, computer-based training (CBT), desktop simulation, technical system support including system engineering, software development and programming, lab management, system testing, integration, installation and maintenance for submarine combat systems.