Systems Administrator Job Description:
Provide technical and operational support for system administration of the Manassas Labs Infrastructure to include; switches, routers, databases, thin-clients and domain servers. Typical duties will include backups; configuration management services; system patching; network and system monitoring; system diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair; tech refresh and upgrades; technical meetings; maintaining, configuring and updating baseline configurations as per RMF/DFARS requirements. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Systems Administrator Required Tasks:
- Utilizes Linux, Windows, and other operating systems as needed to maintain infrastructure operation.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Performs set up of administrator accounts and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Systems Administrator Required Skills:
- Demonstrated System Administration skills and abilities in maintaining a lab environment to include the maintenance and upkeep of hardware and the installation and/or upgrading of system software.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support teams.
- Ability to work under general supervision and communicate clearly with both peers and superiors.
- Ability to plan own work and follow schedules with little oversight or direction.
- Excellent organizational and reporting abilities.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in written form.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Systems Administrator Desired Skills:
· Experience troubleshooting and/or configuring Linux servers to include scripting.
· Red Hat Linux Administration \ Configuration (RHCSA certification a plus).
- Experience with the administration and configuration of Security policies as related to both Windows and Linux servers.
· Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
· Familiarity with configuring VMs (Virtualization).
Systems Administrator Additional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Level Clearance. The clearance is required to start work.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Gromelski and Associates, Inc.
Why Work Here?Gromelski and Associates, Inc. is a small, woman-owned business. Since 1989, we have provided services for major corporations and large government agencies including the Social Security Administration, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Global Knowledge Network, Digital Equipment Corporation, Nextel Communications, Network Associates, Oracle Corporation, Department of Education, ExecuTrain Corporation, Federal Computer Corporation, and the U.S. Navy. Currently, we develop and deliver technical documentation and multimedia support including interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs), multimedia applications, computer-based training (CBT), desktop simulation, technical system support including system engineering, software development and programming, lab management, system testing, integration, installation and maintenance for submarine combat systems.