System Engineering (Imaging Scientist) Job Summary:
Perform electrical and system engineering tasks for present and future US Navy submarine imaging periscope systems to include researching, developing, designing and testing electrical components, equipment, systems and networks. Develops designs for electrical equipment, facilities, components, products and systems for commercial, industrial and domestic use. Performs trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging technologies. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
System Engineering (Imaging Scientist) Responsibilities and Duties:
· Design, develop, integrate and test analog designs.
· Model and simulate to optimize designs and to incorporate design margins.
· Perform design analysis, technology assessments and trade studies.
· Specify and select COTS, ROTS, NDI and/or custom components.
Qualifications and Skills
System Engineering (Imaging Scientist) Required Skills:
· Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
· experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
· Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements.
· Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source products.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Processing and recording UAV/satellite/other camera images
· Thermal imaging
· Laser imaging
· Optic processing
· A DoD secret level clearance is required to start.
· Strong communication skills to explain design issues and solutions.
System Engineering (Imaging Scientist) Additional Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Imaging Sciences or related discipline from a Technical University or equivalent experience and one to five years' professional experience.
· Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
· Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with team members which foster team success.
Contract Term: Full-time employee, 40 hours/week
Start Date: Negotiable
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Gromelski & Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital state, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, age or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.