General Manager in Training
Grocery Outlet Merced, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grocery Outlet is seeking experienced retail leaders to join our paid operator training program. Qualified candidates work alongside an experienced, independent store operators to learn the Grocery Outlet system.
At the end of the 6-12 month paid training program, employees are eligible to apply to independently operate their own store and share in their store’s profits or continue at a Grocery Outlet location as a manager.
- Strong decision making to do what is right for your store (ordering, merchandising, staffing, etc.)
- Responsibility for total store operations including complete management of the P&L
- Creating staffing models, hire, train and retain employees
- Utilizing an existing distribution channel to customize your product offering for your community
- Local organization partnerships to make a difference in your community
- Strong drive and motivation
- Being an ambassador for Grocery Outlet
- 4 years of retail management experience
- Experience overseeing a large team including hiring and training
- Detail orientated, analytical, ability to think quickly and extremely results orientated
- Creative problem-solver
- Experience with merchandising displays
- Interest in autonomy and being able to make your own decisions for your retail store
Grocery Outlet Bargain Market is one of the largest extreme-value grocery retailers in the United States. We are a Family oriented, rapidly growing company with over 400 stores open and operating. We’ve been helping customers save big since 1946. That’s when our founder, Jim Read, opened his very first store and today, the third generation of the Read family is leading the way. We currently have over 400 stores across the West Coast and Mid-Atlantic and trade publicly on Nasdaq.