Field Service Technician - UT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Field Service Technician
Under limited supervision, install, service, and repair valves on site; schedule and perform yearly maintenance work; and perform related duties as assigned.
Field Service Manager and Field Service Tech Lead.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule service and perform service on site;
- Prepare and organize supplies given work order needs;
- Prepare billing for completed work;
- Assemble, modify, repair and replace valves;
- Advise customers as to performance and service requirements of company products;
- Prepare customer quotations;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Considerable experience and training in assembly, installation, service and repair of all product lines; trained in company safety policies and procedures; trained at Cla-Val service school; and trained in customer and vendor relations.
- Ability to communicate with company representatives, vendors and customer representatives;
- Ability to assess customer service contract needs and prepare quotations;
- Ability to perform basic math computations;
- Skilled in use of hand tools and small power tools;
- Working knowledge of all product lines;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions;
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings;
- Ability to organize, schedule and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of pricing and billing procedures;
- Considerable knowledge of basic assembly and repair procedures and principles of hydraulics;
- Ability to organize service orders, lay out materials and complete billing records;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn job-related software programs;
- Ability to qualify for Confined Space Entry certificate; and
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to reach, stretch, bend, lift, move, and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to move heavier objects with the assistance of others or by using mechanical devices;
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle;
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined; and
- Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Possession of a valid Class C or Class 3 California driver's license and an acceptable driving record;
- Possession of successful Confined Space Entry training certificate
- Ability to use required personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety equipment; and
- Ability to work in valve service areas.
- Ability to travel overnight on company business as required.
Over the years, Cla-Val has continued to strengthen its operational and customer service capabilities around the world by enhancing product lines and building state-of-the-art production facilities and warehouses in Canada, Switzerland, France, the United Kingdom and New Zealand. All of our major locations also have dedicated training centers onsite. Direct Sales Team Members and Factory Authorized Sales Agents provide exceptional industry expertise throughout the world. https://www.cla-val.com/
EEO / AAP Statement:
Griswold Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all individuals in compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation , gender, gender identity and/or expression, , age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, marital or parental status, medical condition unrelated to the person’s ability to perform the job, pregnancy, genetic information, political affiliation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the Company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct. In addition, Griswold Industries has adopted an Affirmative Action Plan.
AddressSpanish Fork, UT
EngineeringView all jobs at Griswold Industries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?