- Posted: over a month ago
Work hard and make a difference
Grindstone PBC is a cybersecurity public benefit corporation with a mission to protect and educate the world. We take on large challenges through collaboration, innovation, and talent. We seek out a diverse workforce to take on the challenges of the nation with character, integrity, determination, commitment, and accountability. Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator. If interested, after reviewing the description below, please apply and someone from the Grindstone team will reach out to you.
Work location: Dulles, VA after Covid restrictions are lifted.
• Provides ongoing systems administration, technical support, upgrades, and troubleshooting services.
• Provide full coverage for Linux or Unix system administration functions to support the DevOps tool sets.
• Install, configure, support, and maintain middleware (e.g., JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, etc.) to support the DevOps tool sets.
• Works closely with application and product teams in understanding their specific automation requirements and implement with them an optimal CICD pipeline.
• Write unit tests and integration tests to validate infrastructure code.
• Identify engineering defects in the existing code base and constantly improve the code quality.
• Maintain configuration and support documentation.
• Manage assigned project components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Develop, through programming and scripting, automation to further expand and refine the DevOps tool sets.
• Work closely with the software development teams in defining their DevOps CICD pipeline and processes and implement and configure the DevOps tools with them.
• Incorporate AWS native cloud services and features to enhance the performance and resilience of the DevOps tools and infrastructure.
• Contribute and collaborate to design, document, and publish DevOps and cloud standards, principles, guidelines and best practices.
• Seek opportunities to increase the business value of the DevOps tool chain through research and investigation, application team input, automation options, POCs, etc.
• Proactively stays abreast of new AWS offerings and services Transform development processes for existing applications into a continuous integration, continuous delivery driven software development lifecycle Required Skills Experience with AWS services to support native cloud support of DevOps tools Operational Support and DevOps technologies
• Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience
• Experience building CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large- and small-scale systems.
• Proven experience in Serverless Architecture, Containers orchestration tools like OpenShift, EKS, Docker Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes, developing Cloud Formation Templates, knowledge of SAM templates preferred and/or Terraform Design,
• Develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CICD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting Experience in provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems (Git), build tools and continuous integration tools (CloudBees, Jenkins)
• Proficient with application build and release processes and DevOps
• Experience with both Linux or Unix environments
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Ansible or other comparable products
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Experience with software development using java, RESTful services
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
• DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
• AWS Certification is preferred.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Grindstone
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?