Sales Representative - Columbus, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Sales Representative
Reporting to: Regional Sales Manager
We are looking to grow our highly motivated and successful sales team. We would love to confirm your availability to join Grimco if you are looking forward to a career in sales and you would love to be on the same team with highly driven and caring individuals. You will find our people to be confident, enthusiastic learners who enjoy applying their values, talent, and skills to reach personal, professional, and team goals. A friendly competitive spirit is easy to spot throughout our company.
We encourage you to be very selective as you put your heart and mind in your next career choice, do what you love so that you love what you do. We want to meet you and learn about your individual career goals. We will inform you about our values, focus, vision, and approach to business.
For now, know that we have been in our industry since 1875. In the last few decades, we have become undisputable leaders in manufacturing and distributing sign supplies, printing technology, and traffic safety products. We have a strong presence in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom, and we currently export to over 30 countries in the Caribbean and Latin America.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Proactively stay in touch with our customers, nurture relationships, follow up on customers’ needs to confirm all business opportunities for Grimco.
- Respond to our customer inquiries concerning products, their uses, distribution, and provide the best solutions for their projects and applications.
- Actively use our software tools and systems to enter customer purchase orders, record daily interactions, issue quotes, and more.
- Collaborate with your sales team to reach or exceed your sales and gross profit goals.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of Grimco’s exclusive/core product lines and other popular industry products and brands.
- Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments – must have current registration and valid license.
- Travel for sales visits, special events, and training (local/regional travel 5-25% of the time).
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, or customer service.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Familiarity with AS400 data management system and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Advanced/fluent skill levels of Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French language are always a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Other Characteristics
- Strong desire to help and serve others in your team.
- Strong desire to help serve customers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with teammates, customers, and suppliers.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- Friendly, cohesive, and cooperative work environment
- Eligibility to sign up for CIGNA, including top rated insurance plan (Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, Voluntary Life & Accident, Critical Illness).
- Eligibility to sign up for Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Exceptional growth potential for top performers
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Vacation Accrual (PTO Rollover)
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Bonuses for Top Performance
- Employee Referral Benefits
- Focused training time consisting of a mix of one-on-one training, virtual training, and shadowing
- Majority of time training is focused on products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out sessions and hands-on learning environment.
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employee approaches tasks and achieves goals.
- Full-time salary includes training period. Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco National Travel Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
Grimco is a privately owned international wholesale sign supply company. Our unique hybrid business core as a manufacturer and a distributor in several segments of the sign industry places Grimco as an employer and vendor of choice. Exceptional teams of enthusiastic people enable Grimco to serve our customers at over 50 locations across the United States, 7 in Canada and 4 in the United Kingdom.
Our product lines include our customer praised exclusive brands and popular industry brands. From traffic signs and blanks to substrates, boards, digital print media, wrap films, sign vinyl, application tape, banner material and supplies, sign frames, banner stands, LEDs and electrical accessories, grand format solvent/UV/latex printers, inks, software and more.
Why Work at Grimco?
- We care! We want our people to have excellent career choices within Grimco!
- We foster employee development and growth, both personally and professionally, tailoring employees' career paths based on their talents, strengths, and interests.
- We promote from within – helping our top performers become our strong leaders.
- We have an incredible team throughout North America, Canada, and the United Kingdom who are proud to be the most helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers enable, encourage, and inspire their teams! They are accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco?
Those who are successful at Grimco are team players! They demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and an eagerness to learn all facets of our company. In addition, they have a strong desire to deliver the best experience to our customers, ask many good questions, and constantly prepare for higher responsibilities and opportunities! These are some of the qualities that make Grimco, and we want you to think of us if you are also looking to grow, personally and professionally.
Interested in hearing more? Check out our website www.grimco.com to learn where we came from, where we are today and where we are going tomorrow.
By completing this online application for employment, you certify that the information on this application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that any misrepresentation or omission of fact in response to any inquiry made in this application may result in rejection of application or, if hired, dismissal whenever it is discovered. You authorize and release all parties from any liability or damage that may result from seeking, furnishing, or using such information. You understand and agree that, if hired, your employment is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date of payment of compensation, be terminated by Grimco, Inc. at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice. You understand that no representation to the contrary is valid unless in writing, setting a definite term of employment, and signed by the company's CEO. You further understand and agree that any job offer is contingent upon your passing, to the company's satisfaction, a drug and/or alcohol test, criminal background check and other possible screenings. You understand that this application is active for 90 days only, and if you do not hear from the company but still wish to be considered for employment after 90 days, you will need to fill out a new application.
BusinessView all jobs at Grimco