Maintenance Mechanic - Manchester, NH
- Posted: over a month ago
Grimco, Inc. was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have over 50 locations across the United States, and 7 across Canada. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
Due to our excellent customer service we have been voted Vendor of the Year by our customers in the FASTSIGNS, Signs by Tomorrow, and Signs Now nationwide franchise networks! We are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing released annually by CollegeGrad.com
What does a Maintenance Mechanic do?
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain facility equipment to support the organizational goals of the company.
- Provide emergency and unscheduled equipment repairs.
- Perform scheduled and preventive maintenance of equipment, as assigned.
- Perform basic to advanced mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make necessary equipment adjustments.
- Install and repair electrical systems and wiring,
- Prepare and set up equipment for production Jobs.
- Detect faulty equipment operations and report them to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for equipment maintenance and operations.
- Always follow safe-working practices.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Contribute to various team projects to improve equipment operation and automation, as assigned.
- Assist with other facility maintenance, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of production equipment maintenance experience
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or military equivalent preferred.
- Fabrication skills also preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to motivate oneself to complete tasks.
- Ability to define routine and complex problems and resolve them quickly.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and Interpret documents, instructions, and manuals.
- Ability to move frequently about the production floor.
- Ability to position oneself to maintain equipment, including under and over machinery, as well as lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
What Makes Grimco Special?
- We’re excited to be in business for over 100 years! We are a growing company that continues to evolve in our industry.
- We foster employee development that is focused on tailoring employee's career paths based on their talents, strengths, and interests.
- We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have a fantastic team throughout North America and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed and educated supplier in the industry.
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at Grimco?
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and an eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer experiences, constantly prepare for future leadership and they are hungry to make an immediate impact on a stable, growing company. This is what we seek in our distribution teams!
Multiple Shifts Available
Immediate opening. Full-Time Employment Status. Eligible for employee Benefits Package Including: Base Salary, Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Paid Holidays, Vacation Accrual & 401K with Profit Sharing. Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability. Supplemental Whole Life, Voluntary, Accident, Critical Illness insurance.
By completing this online application for employment, you certify that the information on this application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that any misrepresentation or omission of fact in response to any inquiry made in this application may result in rejection of application or, if hired, dismissal whenever it is discovered. You authorize and release all parties from any liability or damage that may result from seeking, furnishing or using such information. You understand and agree that, if hired, your employment is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date of payment of compensation, be terminated by Grimco, Inc. at any time, for any or no reason, with or without notice. You understand that no representation to the contrary is valid unless in writing, setting a definite term of employment, and signed by the company's CEO. You further understand and agree that any job offer is contingent upon your passing, to the company's satisfaction, a drug and/or alcohol test, criminal background check and other possible screenings. You understand that this application is active for 90 days only, and if you do not hear from the company but still wish to be considered for employment after 90 days, you will need to fill out a new application.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Grimco