Senior Business Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
Compile the preparation and consolidation of forecasts and divisional, Business Group and Business Unit profit plans. Prepare and analyze the financial reports, highlighting areas of financial concern for Divisional and Group Management.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Compile profit plans, compare performance with those plans, make appropriate recommendations to assure meeting these objectives or investigating and explaining reasons for not achieving these goals.
- Consolidate the preparation of the Group's worldwide operations forecast.
- Prepare the Controller's financial book, which measures performance of the Talecris Pharmaceuticals group against budgets and prior years. Prepare narratives for each Division's major areas. This book is used by top management specifically the Vice President and the Group Controller.
- Compile and assist in the preparation of financial data and comments for the Group Vice President and Group Controller for presentation to Corporate and management.
- Prepare Return on Investment and Return on Resources reports for Capital projects and group performance.
- Provide financial analysis on existing operations, new products, and product selling price revisions.
- Prepare various financial reports for the controller for use by management.
- Coordinate and consolidate divisional department quarterly profit plan reviews with appropriate supporting analysis for an informed presentation.
- Provide assistance to divisional department heads regarding operating budgets and profit plan information, in addition to independent projections of department spending.
- Specialize analysis in the area of Marketing expenses with the assistance of one clerk.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The incumbent must possess all the skills of general accounting, profit planning, standard and direct cost accounting, budgeting, taxation, financial analysis, new product financial feasibility, and utilization of data processing. He/she must be able to write cohesive, knowledgeable, intelligible financial reports and possess the ability to effectively organize the functions under his/her control. A thorough knowledge of each operating function within the Group and the plan, the Group's relationship to the corporation, as well as a thorough knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry is essential.
- The Sr. Business Analyst is fully conversant in all aspects of the Manager of Financial Analyses functions. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for coordinating, controlling, and revising if necessary the group's worldwide profit plan, and for coordinating the preparation of the group worldwide operations forecast.
- Evaluation of performance to the profit plan and forecast is the most important aspect of the incumbent's position. The incumbent must possess a thorough knowledge of each operating function, including cost accounting, general accounting, profit planning, standard costing, new product feasibility, and international markets. He/she must also anticipate risks and opportunities of a financial nature for the group, and suggest appropriate action. He/she is required to communicate in an effective manner with financial and non-financial personnel at all levels. Internal contacts include the Group Vice President, Group Controller, Vice President of Marketing, and Product Managers. External contacts include Division Financial Analyst, Corporate Profit Planning and other Corporate financial staff function e.g., taxes, treasury, and MIS. In depth knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry and a thorough understanding of the inter-relationship of all echelons within the group and the division in order to render sound financial recommendations is essential."
- Requires a B.S. or a B.B.A. degree, with a major in accounting or equivalent with a minimum of five years of well rounded financial background. The Sr. Financial Analyst should possess an M.B.A. or other similar advanced degree.
- Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws.
Why Work Here?
Great benefits, helping patients
Salt Lake City, UT