For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols' three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
The Technical Account Specialist II (TAS II) is a key member of the Grifols Diagnostic Solutions Global Service & Training organization with the primary responsibility of providing the highest quality service and support to Grifols customers at the customer facility and by telephone. In addition, the TAS II will follow the regional marketing and sales organization directives in order to technically position grifols' products with the technical decision makers at all levels within the marketplace.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Compliance - Adhere to procedures and protocols outlined by the Grifols GST organization and Grifols Diagnostic Solutions.
- Account Management - The TAS will be responsible for all Account Management aspects of Grifols Customers. Some (not all) examples are:
- Customer Liaison between Grifols Departments and the Customer Site
- Implementation and Training of new customers
- Upgrade to Equipment or Software
- Technical Review
- Daily Operations/Troubleshooting
- Site Workflow Analysis
- Customer Data Collection and Analysis at country/sector level
- Projects - The TAS will be responsible for all projects implemented at Customer Sites.
- Ensure good communication within Grifols and the customer site
- Development of Project Plans - The TAS will have responsibility for developing advanced and comprehensive project plans
- Involved in New Product Launches
- Personal Development - The TAS will continue personal development to enhance their skills.
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Internal Training and corporate training will be completed on time 98% of the time
- Invalid Runs, Invalid Samples, RUF (Reagent utilisation Factor)
- Call closure rates - as defined in individual goals & objectives each year.
- TAS Time per Service Request (Labor Hours)
- Documentation of activity within 24 hours of occurrence; SR activities resolved within 3 days of completion of work. SR rework to be completed within 3 days of notification.
- Participation and exectution of Customer Technical Reviews
- Successful Completion of Technical Performance Assemsnts
- Involvement in 1 PMO project or mentoring of 1 TAS I or TAS II associate - as defined in individual goals & objectives each year.
- Customer satisfaction
- Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Sales Executives with presentations and analysis to enlarge customer portfolio
- Training new employees (TAS/ FSE Hybrid and other department's new employees )
- Document translation & verification
- Assist Sales Executives in commercial offer documentation
- Demonstrated Project Management
- Presentation Skills required.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and inventory skills required.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO and other certifying agency policies and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and familiar with computerized call handling systems preferred.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
1. Customer Focus
2. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customes; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
3. Intellectual Horsepower
4. Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
6. Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
7. Functional/Technical Skills
8. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related scientific discipline. Equivalent Military education or Associates Degree with 2 years experience or High School Diploma/GED with 4+ years experience servicing electronic/electro-mechanial equipment.
Career: If candidate has a degree, High-Level of performance as a TAS I and/or at least 5 years experience in customer service/technical support. Otherwise, please see Education requirements for additional experience required.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate's degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 2 years of experience.
Position will be based in the field with up to 70% travel required. Candidate must have ability to travel outside assigned geographic area. As needed, will cover additional geographic regions to facilitate significant service requirement of customer base.
Work hours are flexible, not conforming to a standard 40 hour work week; Overtime will be required. Candidate must be accessible for contact by phone and cover rotations for weekend/holiday on-call. Candidates will work from a home office.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as an essential function of the role (lifting of equipment for installation and preventative maintenance.)
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 90887
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Technical Assistance