For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
The Administrative Assistant provides general administration, organizational support and customer service to the department, managers of the department, and/or the director.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to relieve department manager or staff of administrative details.
- Responsible for general organization of the department, including setting up and maintaining files, handling of mail, and distribution of information.
- Process a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of administrative activities.
- Compile and summarize data and assist in preparing regular and special reports requiring analysis and evaluation of data.
- Type letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness.
- Maintain department and/or management's calendars.
- Schedule meetings as requested, setup and reserve conference room as necessary.
- Prepare necessary documents for use in meetings; may attend meetings to take minutes or provide information as requested.
- Prepare materials and make arrangements for conferences and travel.
- Provide assistance with department phone and take messages as needed.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for new employees in the department.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA regulations.
- Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA regulations.
- Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree is preferred. Emphasis in Business Administration, Communications or closely related discipline is preferred.
- Related administrative experience is highly preferred.
- Equivalency: In lieu of an Associate's degree, candidate must have a High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of 2 years of related administrative experience.
- Requires a basic understanding of office management and administrative support.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 86950
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Quality