Project Manager (Underground Division)
- Vision , Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Underground Division. This position is responsible for overall administrative and technical direction on projects. The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate engineering and scheduling activities of designated projects. Viable candidates will have 5-7 years of experience managing underground/wet utility projects, and will be comfortable bidding work and accounting for work as well as building work.
- Plan, organize and manage the field team with the Division Manager and Estimator.
- Establish project objectives with the Division Manager.
- Implement established corporate policies and procedures, including EEO and Affirmative Action responsibilities.
- Represent company by initiating and maintaining liaison with primary owner representatives.
- Attend weekly owner meetings.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to insure project is built on schedule, within budget, and meets all minority obligations.
- Manage all job administration and contract documentation with owner, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Overall management of the financial aspects of contract, including job cost reports, billings, budget changes, change order, accounts payable processing and collections.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before submitting to client.
- Effectively applies Griffith methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure to risk on project.
- Provide safety and quality control management.
- Maintain accurate forecasting and management of budgets.
- Managing subcontractors and project team (subordinates).
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material deliveries and contracts/subcontract administration.
- Oversee document control and coordination of subcontractors.
- Initialize baseline schedule and ensure accuracy/integrity of Project Schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- 5-7 years of experience managing underground/wet utility projects.
- People management
- Strategic planning
- Risk management
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of public contract code.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in identifying changes on projects.
- An understanding of production is required.
- Must be proficient in project projections.
- Must be proficient in Build2Win.
- Must have a thorough understanding of estimating.
- Must have an understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead.
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Other requirements may apply.
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management/Work-In-Progress Analysis
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Company Benefits Package
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees - including a superior health benefits package - Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company's success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)
Annual Salary Range: $110,000 - $150,000
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Visit us at www.griffithcompany.net
Griffith Company is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Desired salary* In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye! 150 Date* What position are you applying for* How did you find out about this job?* Have you ever applied for employment with us?* Yes No If "Yes" give date(s) and position(s) applied for: If you know anybody working for Griffith Company, please state name(s) and relationship(s): Do you have prior work experience in construction?* Yes No If hired, can you present evidence of your U.S. Citizenship or proof of your legal right to live and work in this country?* Yes No Are you 18 years or older?* Yes No If you are under 18 years of age, can you provide a required work permit? Yes No If hired, what date can you start work?* List other training, education, and/or, awards which you feel are relevant in evaluating your qualifications for employment: List licenses and certifications (inclu
Griffith CompanyBrea, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.