Precision Sheet Metal Fabricator
Griffin Sheet Metal Solutions, Inc. Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Griffin Sheet Metal Solutions (SMS) is a precision sheet metal manufacturer based out of Baltimore, Maryland, that specializes primarily in designing and producing enclosures tailored for the fiber optic industry, as well as prototype development and welding. Griffin SMS is looking for a driven, self-starter to work in a fast-paced environment that produces quality products for its customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, punch, break/bend, and shape sheet metal.
- Assembling & inspecting all products, including smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
- Handling all second operation punching on Strippit machine.
- Packaging products for safe shipment in large and small quantities.
- Delivering products to paint shop or finished products to local customers.
- Prioritizing safety on the job during all work activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education Requirements: High School diploma or beyond.
- Experience punching and bending cold rolled steel and aluminum.
- Precision sheet metal manufacturing experience, including, but not limited to, punching, forming, cutting, assembling, and welding.
- Familiarity with sheet metal equipment and tools.
- Must possess an attention to detail with the ability to conduct quality control of own work.
- Must be able to handle a physical workload and lift heavy materials and tools.
- Must be able to work from verbal instructions.
- Ability to think critically, problem-solve, and troubleshoot.
- Must be able to stay organized and manage time effectively.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Additional Skills for Consideration
- Amada equipment experience.
- Welding experience.
- AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS
- Merry Mechanization – CAD/CAM Sheet Metal Software experience.
Salary, Benefits, and Additional Information
- Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits and retirement plans are available.
- Work hours are 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Position is not eligible for telework.
Griffin Sheet Metal Solutions, Inc.
3630 Commerce DriveBaltimore, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at Griffin Sheet Metal Solutions, Inc.