Solutions Architect - (US - Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
LOCATION: US or Canada - this position is fully remote, but applicant must be physically located in the US or Canada
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, the open-source distributed database preferred by performance-obsessed developers. We are also the provider of the GridGain In-memory Computing Platform that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, and United Healthcare rely on for application speed, scale, and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Sales team and help build upon the tremendous growth GridGain has experienced over the past few years.
Location: This is a remote position. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada. We are looking to fill multiple positions for this role.
This hands-on customer-facing role will be a key part of the Sales organization responsible for getting GridGain the technical win in a highly competitive sales environment. As a Solutions Architect at GridGain, you will work with prospects at all levels, from Executives to technical architects and developers through a guided discovery process to understand their key business and technical requirements. You will translate their requirements into a solution that highlights GridGain’s technical value proposition and, in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams, you will design, coordinate, and deliver a tailored Proof of Concept to demonstrate key technical use cases.
Required Job Duties:
- Own and manage the technical relationship with the prospect or technology partner.
- Provide technical leadership through the entire pre-sales process, including presentations, PoC development and delivery.
- Understand, quantify, and validate the business needs of prospects and their specific use cases.
- Present and demonstrate the GridGain platform and appropriate solutions to stakeholders at all levels, including executives, technical architects, and developers.
- Articulate GridGain’s unique value propositions, positioning and competitive differentiators.
- Conduct technical workshops, lunch & learn sessions, and formal training, as needed.
- Maintain deep and up to date knowledge of the GridGain product stack, competitive products, and technologies.
- Build strong relationships, collaborate with people across the organization and leverage available resources to get the job done.
- Support GridGain in its developer outreach through participation in Meetups, technical conferences, and webinars.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise architecture, technical pre-sales and/or consulting.
- 5+ years of solution architecture and design experience with Java EE based systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience, 3+ years Java or .Net development experience a plus.
- Experience with data modeling for OLTP and OLAP systems, SQL programming and query optimization.
- Must have a solid technical background related to or adjacent to in-memory computing (i.e.: in-memory caching, distributed computing, distributed data stores, data streaming, MapReduce design pattern, etc.).
- Solid understanding of concurrency and multithreaded programming.
- Thorough understanding of Hadoop, as well as MapReduce design pattern.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and containerized environments, including scripting for k8s, Terraform, etc.
- Strong knowledge of network programming and understanding of networking protocols.
- Superb verbal communication skills including a dynamic and engaging presentation style.
- Experience in scoping, planning and management of technical projects.
- Experience in collaborating with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time-management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment.
TechnologyView all jobs at GridGain Systems