Assistant Portfolio & Project Manager (APM)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Portfolio & Project Manager (APM)
Assistant Managers should have a strong background in customer service and general project management. This fast-paced role requires rapid, clear problem solving and decision making, excellent personal organization, a bias for action, and outstanding leadership and teamwork.
Candidates must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and total mastery of office productivity technology.
Our APMs are given a large amount of responsibility and are expected to continuously evaluate their responsibilities and delegate tasks to support personnel and third-party contractors. We look to our APMs to consistently optimize the financial performance of their properties and to help guide the direction of Grid as we grow.
This position is a Monday-Friday, 8-5 work-from-office assignment at our SE Portland-area offices. There will be opportunities for some work-from-home as time goes on. Candidates must have a vehicle as there will be occasional travel to Portland-area properties.
Who Grid is Looking For:
· Creative and Adaptable Thinker: We work in an environment where problems can often have many possible solutions. The right candidate will look critically at the details of a situation, gather the necessary data, and then decide upon an appropriate and pragmatic course of action. We make quick changes and do our best to stay in alignment. This individual has to be able to adapt to evolving processes.
· Direct, yet Approachable: We rely on our team members to be empathetic to the needs of our customers and owner clients, while simultaneously being confident and clear eyed about the need to enforce rules, regulations, and outcomes. Direct and clear communication to our vendors, tenants, clients, and the rest of the Grid team is crucial.
· Organized with a Sense of Urgency: The ability to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining an organizational system that allows you to keep track of what you’ve done, what you’re going to do, and be able to quickly go back and reference previous items. This person needs to have low “switching time” between tasks and be able to seamlessly shift from one completed task to the next without delay. Can stay focused on a task/project to completion, whether that task’s timeline is over hours, days, weeks, or months. The ability to prioritize is important.
· Customer Service: We sell a service and our ability to serve our customers, both tenants and property owners, is our key mission.
· Growth-Focused: Grid is working together as a team to build the vision of an organized, hyper-effective industrial management company. To achieve this, we constantly evolve our systems, procedures, and approaches to tackle new challenges. This is a dynamic position of continuing challenges that are both fun and full of opportunities for learning and personal growth. A successful APM has be internally motivated to constantly enhance their skills and seek more responsibility.
· Seeking A Small Company: Grid is the opposite of a big corporation; we are nimble and rapidly evolve. We groom our assistants to become full Project Managers in the future. Grid is seeking someone looking for a career in a fast-paced and growing industry. Every team member’s input is not just appreciated, it’s required.
Grid Property Management is a leading Property Management company based in Portland, Oregon and serving properties nationwide.
Grid originally was started in 2006 to manage the Kreitzberg family’s Portland-area residential rental portfolio, and later expanded to serve hundreds of other investment property owners. As market forces changed, the Kreitzberg family shifted its investment activity to acquiring industrial properties, first in Oregon and then in multiple other states.
Today, Grid manages a mixed residential and industrial portfolio of over 700 units. While we continue to manage our residential assets, Grid is focused on acquiring new industrial management contracts going forward. Grid’s aim is to rapidly become the premiere small-bay multi-tenant industrial property management company in the nation.
The heart of operations at Grid are our Portfolio/Project Management Teams. These teams are headed up by a Portfolio/Project Manager (PMs) and Assistant Portfolio/Project Manager (APMs). Together, PMs and APMs manage the onboarding and day-to-day operations of a specific group (a portfolio) of properties. Grid’s residential properties are all located in the Portland metro area, while its industrial properties are spread across multiple states (currently Oregon, Washington, and Texas).
Each team works with a team of remote Virtual Assistants and local and remote third-party contractors. Our Portfolio/Project Management teams work in partnership with other PM Teams, Grid maintenance and accounting team members, and the Grid Leasing Team.
Each PM/APM team is responsible for coordinating the work necessary to physically maintain the properties under their care, to administer leases and tenant relationships, and to optimize the overall function and financial health of the property. They are in direct contact with their respective property owners, often daily.
Grid Property Management
975 SE Sandy Blvd PortlandPortland, OR
Get fresh Project Portfolio Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.