Senior Core Network Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The candidate will be responsible for performing a wide range of activities related to the core network and mobile services. He/She will work together with other teams to implement core network projects. He/She will be expected to complete tasks independently and to be proactive in getting tasks done.
- Monitor, maintain, and operate the mobile network to meet availability and reliability objectives.
- Provide operational support for all mobile services including voice, data, messaging, and operator partner interconnects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with network equipment vendors, operator partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to identify, qualify, and procure network vendor equipment.
- Design and implement mobile network signaling plans in support of core network projects and requirements.
- Define and analyze performance KPI’s for mobile traffic and proactively investigate potential issues.
- Lead proof of concept testing and network design validation in a pre-production environment.
- Responsible for network changes and testing of those changes in both pre-production and production networks.
- Offer technical solutions and direct support on 3G and 4G roaming.
- Support from a technical perspective new processes and projects within the team and document and communicate technical issues/resolutions/workarounds.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline. Coursework focus in telecommunications related areas desirable.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, interfaces, and call flows and mobile network architecture.
- Experience with roaming principles and mobile services in 3G / 4G networks a plus.
- Desire to learn and apply routing principles related to mobile networks (SS7 / Diameter).
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Desire to learn and quickly come up to speed on new technologies (e.g. 5G).
- Familiarity with troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
- Takes initiative and is committed to quality and high performance.
- Willingness to occasionally work off hours to support network maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an engineering field with some exposure to the mobile domain.
- Infrequent domestic and international travel possible.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information across the organization and with customers.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Highly motivated. Willing to work hard and be rewarded for it.
- Undeterred by working in fast paced dynamic environment and under high pressure.
- Attitude and aptitude are key. These traits trump all others.
We are looking for an individual who is motivated to deliver excellent results. A great attitude, and the ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment, is key.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Grid Networks LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?