Greystone Technology Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Greystone Technology is looking for creative, self-accountable IT professionals to engage in our fast-paced, people-driven service model. Average IT people tend to be great at solving technical issues, but poor at understanding the true problems that need to be solved.
We’ve redesigned the way technology services are provided – from the ground up. We don’t start with solutions; we start with questions. Lots of them. Then we listen. Service providers have a well-earned reputation for sharing the answer before knowing the problem, resulting in businesses getting solutions they don’t need to problems they don’t have.
If you think differently, solve creatively, and love to connect with people, we want you to join our mission of digging deep and proving how meaningful IT services can be. It’s as common sense as it is revolutionary.
We are looking for a Technical Engineer (in other companies this person could hold the title of Jr. Systems Administrator, higher level Help Desk/Desk Side Support, Field Engineer, Tier 2 Technician) to join the MIT team. The Technical Engineer will be responsible for handling the majority of day to day user requests and tickets for a client within our MIT Team. This position requires a person who can communicate about complex ideas and technology in simple everyday terms. This role will be located at our Denver, CO Office and at our client location in Denver, CO.
- Ticket management and documentation consistent with processes in the Service Delivery Handbook
- Learning independently about our clients’ ever-changing systems
- Working both in our office and on location with our clients
- Doing what it takes to create enthusiastically satisfied customers and build trust and credibility within a client group
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in an IT help desk or desktop support environment or equivalent educational experience
- Experience troubleshooting or supporting Microsoft platforms (e.g. Office 365, Active Directory, all current flavors of Windows)
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, what they mean, and how they interact (TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN)
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining peripherals (scanners, fax machines, printers, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting standard hardware issues and running diagnostics
- An understanding of standard IT Security practices (virus remediation, firewalls, phishing, etc.)
- Basic Apple, Mac OS, and iOS troubleshooting experience a plus
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn and support various business applications
- Understanding backup and disaster recovery concepts
- An awareness of how technology impacts business
- The desire to work as part of a team
- Critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- An empathetic approach to solving customer problems
- Curiosity about technology and the ability and motivation to learn independently
- Professional confidence, and a passion for solving problems
- A positive, courteous demeanor
- An aptitude towards service
- Openness to feedback
- Ability to learn from experience
- A focus on finding appropriate long-term solutions to technical issues
- The ability to own technical problems and see them through to resolution
Work is primarily sedentary but requires exertion and lifting of up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Occasional crawling, kneeling, and squatting. Repetitive use of computer (keyboard/mouse), and phone. Visually inspects, prepares, and analyzes data & figures; views computer constantly. Frequent travel (car). Occasional exposure to outdoor environmental conditions as a result of travel.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in Denver. In fact, it’s Greystone Technology team members themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, inclusion, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our team members enjoy including:
- Competitive wages | The salary range is expected to start at $50,000. Our offer will be determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amount listed above.
- Generous benefits for you and your family including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, HSA & 401(k) employer contributions
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Very generous paid time off program that is unique to the IT industry
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Yearly work anniversary rewards
- Fun company events, including chili cook-offs, annual company photo shoot, monthly happy hours, cup in hand kickball league, and more!
We’re looking for smart, highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you are ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent. Come as you are and apply today!
How to Apply:
We get a lot of job applications and unfortunately most of them get nothing more than a quick once-over. Please include the usual - a resume and a cover letter, and anything else that will show us that you are interested in and qualified for this specific position. Tell us stories. Show us as much as you can about who you are. Make us panic about the fact that we haven't already hired you. Learn to use Facebook privacy settings or better yet just un-tag yourself in that one picture (you know which one) and then become a fan of our page. Tell us your salary requirements and what kind of cookies we should bake for you on your birthday.
Afraid you’re missing a technological requirement? Apply anyhow. We’re probably okay with teaching you some stuff if you’re as obsessive about customer service as we are.
Greystone Technology is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Greystone recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In 2001, we set out to change things. The concept was simple: Get IT out of the server closet and into the business. When IT doesn't sit outside the rest of the organization as a separate department, insulated from the reality of the business, IT and the business are better. When IT participates as a partner across the organization, IT can develop the context necessary to solve the RIGHT problems.
We understand that all business leaders are now technology leaders, making decisions about which technology to use and how to use it. We designed a new way to partner with the business. We based our model on dedicated teams instead of help desks. We focus on flexible, people-centric support instead of rigid models of what technologies will and will not be supported.
People have embraced our model. We’ve grown 40% year-over-year for the past 12 years, driven almost entirely by our customers telling their friends and colleagues. As we’ve grown, we have expanded our core concept into other insulated, tech-centric departments, adding a website, and mobile application development to our core IT services.
A lot has changed over the last 20 years. People have not. We still believe the best technology services come from supporting our client's needs, not from supporting the needs of the technology. Proving once again that if you get the relationship and context right, technology can be an accelerator instead of a roadblock.
TechnologyView all jobs at Greystone Technology