Greystone is a leading Tier II manufacturer for the automotive, medical, defense and aerospace industries with three operating facilities on the east coast. We have grown from a single plating operation founded in 1932 to a worldwide multi-location company with three locations in the United States and two in China. Greystone provides precision machining and electro-plating services. Greystone is a “safety critical” component contract manufacturer that operates its facilities at the highest quality standards. Visit our web site at www.greyst.com to learn more about our company.
We have an immediate 2nd Shift opening with our Lincoln, Rhode Island machining plant for a talented Maintenance Technician to install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and physical plant systems. Hours of work are 2 PM – 10 PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment; repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical plant systems.
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as a lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
Education / Experience / Training:
- High school diploma, trade or technical school certification or equivalent.
- 3 to 6 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, pump repair, and hydraulic/electric/mechanical systems is required.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical diagrams, PLC wiring diagrams, and manufacture equipment manuals.
- Valid driver’s license. Certified in fork lift operations.
- Experience with Swiss screw and/or rotary transfer machines highly desirable.
Greystone offers a competitive hourly rate, lots of opportunities for overtime pay and a full array of benefits. Please forward your resume as directed in this posting. EOE.