· Lead bakery operations to ensure product quality and efficiency of operations.
· Ensure manufacturing practices and Bakery operation is in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, OSHA, and FDA through training and execution
. Knowledge of how to operate equipment
· Identify and resolve any equipment, ingredient, or operational issue that could impair the successful operations
· Monitor production costs versus standard and implement plans to drive efficiency
· Develop and execute standard work and process controls for new products
· Supervise, develop and coaches production personnel regarding processes and procedures.
. Check inventory of all raw materials, packaging and finish product.
. Record all disciplinary and file them with Human Resources.
. Prepare Maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
· Enforce all company rules, policies, and procedures are met and in conjunction with Human Resources provide disciplinary action when necessary
Work Days: 5 days per week, typically Monday to Saturday leading and 8 hour shift.
Work Hours: 1st shift 7:00am- 3:00pm-
Occasion Flexible to provide coverage for other supervisors during the vacation periods
Educational Level/Training and/or Licenses/Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3-7 years of Manufacturing/ Bakery Experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to research problems, present recommendations and implement solutions
- Manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
- Detail oriented with a strong propensity to document all R&D efforts
- Work with all levels of management and outside vendors
- Solid computer skills, Excel, Word and Outlook
Why Work Here?At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
Being part of a team that thrives to give opportunities to individuals!