Capital Markets Associate
- Posted: 11 days ago
The Greysteel Company is a leading commercial real estate and capital markets services firm with offices nationwide. Greysteel serves as trusted advisor to middle-market multifamily and retail developers, owners, and investors in investment sale, debt placement, and structured finance transactions. We are seeking candidates with integrity and passion to join a growing platform of the best commercial real estate advisors in the industry. Everything Greysteel does is guided by a set of principles that define our character and culture as we deliver the right team, the right solution, the right way. This position is 100% commission-based.
- Originate and manage marketing, negotiation, and closing of real estate debt placement or structured finance assignments on behalf of commercial property owners.
- Develop and nurture relationships with private and institutional developers, owners, investors, lenders, and service providers to promote the Greysteel platform.
- Contribute to Greysteel’s proprietary database by submitting notes regarding investor or lender investment objectives or programs.
- Monitor market activity on a daily basis and maintain a database of sales comparable(s) by utilizing platform tools and subscriptions.
- Conduct competitive rental surveys by calling and visiting properties when underwriting investment sales in order to determine market value and debt placement, or to determine investment returns for structured finance transactions.
- Prepare proposals and memoranda featuring customized economic, market, and area overviews, as well as site level specifics.
- Use Greysteel’s financial modeling tools, including but not limited to Argus and MS Excel based discounted cash flow models to analyze and project debt/equity sensitivity.
- Read, review, and summarize real estate documents (i.e. leases, operating statements, tax returns, environmental and engineering reports, appraisals).
- Facilitate and manage due diligence processes.
- Lead and participate in proposals and presentations.
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail.
- A genuine passion for commercial real estate.
- Developed capacity to work autonomously and be a “team player”.
- Excellent leadership and multitasking capabilities.
- Established ability to comfortably interface with executives and make presentations.
- Must have knowledge of local real estate market.
- Sales experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate or advanced degree preferred.
- Real Estate Salesperson License preferred.
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
At Greysteel, that's indistinguishable from our own. Our multidisciplinary teams of transaction professionals, MBAs, lawyers, research analysts, and marketing specialists work hand-in-hand with your team to optimize asset value at every turn. Our transparent process is designed to make the complex simple and reduce total transaction cost, no matter the size or complexity of the engagement. When integrated with our long-standing capital markets relationships, credibility with the most active institutional and high net worth investors, and our unrivaled proprietary database, we are able to achieve extraordinary results.
Greysteel Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. The Greysteel Company LLC, 2018. All rights reserved.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Greysteel
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?