Greystar, the nation’s leader in the rental housing industry, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Community Manager to join our team at a luxury apartment community!
As part of the Greystar team, you will have a tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement, and be able to work with the best in the apartment industry.
The Assistant Community Manager supports and assists the Community Manager in overseeing and managing the financial and operational facets of the community by completing accounting and bookkeeping tasks, preparing monthly close-out and financial reports, processing invoices for payment, collecting rent, fees, and other payments, completing bank deposits, dispositions, and account reconciliations, and using the property management software to record, track, and report on all financial workings of the community.
To assist the Community Manager in on-site operations, to include the following:
- Assists the Community Manager in creating and maximizing income opportunities through the aggressive management of community operations
- Makes recommendations to enhance the bottom line performance of the community
- Ensures adherence to all policies regarding financial responsibilities
- Administers late and non-sufficient check charges
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of bank deposits, and computer data.
- Generates weekly reports
- Schedules necessary repairs and make-ready activities
- Supervises all on-site personnel in the absence of Community Manager
- Pre-processes payment of invoices for Community Manager’s approval
- Assists with rent collections striving for zero delinquencies each month
- Assists with community inspections
- Maintains make-ready process
- Prepares a monthly financial Delinquency Report
- Consistently attempts to collect “bad debt" prior to being written off
- Accountable to the Community Manager for the water sub-metering vendor and ensuring vendor is functioning at an optimal capture ratio (if applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma, GED or related experience and/or training. Bachelors degree in Property Management, Real Estate, Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
- Must have valid driver’s license to drive a golf cart on property.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the community’s operation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site).
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated understanding of community operations and, in particular, lease terms and lease enforcement, including collections.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application of community management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to assist in managing the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the work of a team.
Greystar is a fully integrated real estate company, specializing in management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry. Established over 30 years ago, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Currently, the Company manages over 400,000 apartment homes, in 150 markets globally. Greystar was ranked 1st among the top 50 U.S. Apartment Managers, according to the 2015 National Multifamily Housing Council. The dedication of Greystar’s team members has contributed to the Company’s long-term success. Greystar’s commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making the Company one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies.
Join the leader in the multifamily real estate industry and begin your career with a company you can call home.
Greystar offers competitive compensation and benefits. EOE