Warranty Remittance Clerk
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Warranty Remittance Clerk
Prepares, records and submits warranty claims to the factory and/or distributor and reconciles them accordingly.
Flexible Schedule: Part or Full Time
- Processes warranty claims on a timely basis for each franchise or distributor.
- Processes all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation.
- Verifies criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Reconciles all warranty receivables with payments through the appropriate accounting schedule.
- Posts credits on computer.
- Resubmits all rejected claims promptly or receives authorization to write them off.
- Follows up on payment of outstanding claims.
- Files and maintains all service records as required by the warrantor.
- Assists with the cashier and telephone duties as needed.
- Assists with any clerical needs as directed by the fixed operations manager or the controller.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 2-4 years in a dealership environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title: Warranty Remittance Clerk
Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Prepared By: Human resources
Prepared Date: 11/01/2022
Grey Wolf Auto Group
Get fresh Warranty Remittance Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.